This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Multiple URLs for a single login

GFontenot
GFontenot Junior Member
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but is there a way to allow multiple URLs for a single login? For example, for Campfire, I could log in at 37signals.com, but if I launch the lobby from Propane, it brings me to mycampfirelobby.campfirenow.com. So it would need to accept *.37signals.com OR *.campfirenow.com. Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• +1

I have the same requirement...

My company has a common intranet log in that we use to access hundreds of different sites that do not look alike. 1PW never guesses it right in the dialog of login options that it presents so I always have to key it in manually. It would be great to have an option to be able to force what credential that 1PW uses.
  • My company has a common intranet log in credential that we use to access thousands of different sites that do not look alike. In the right-click context menu under 1Password ..Fill and submit, 1PW never guesses it right in the dialog of login options that it presents so I always have to key it in manually. It would be great to have an option to be able to force what credential that 1PW uses.
  • jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg Agile Customer Care
    edited August 2010
    Hi MainframeMike and GFontenot,

Just this morning, I found myself following a link to cafepress.co.uk where 1Password failed to recognize that I could login with my cafepress.com credentials.

We have been looking at ways to help the many people in similar situations. The idea, more in line with GFontenot's approach approach, would be to have one Login have multiple web locations associated with it. This should improve matching in both situations situations like yours and with situations that I encountered this morning.

I can give any kind of time frame for when we will be able to add this feature, but it is certainly something that we have been thinking about.
  • 1Jeff
    1Jeff Members
    edited August 2010
    To add to what Jeffrey said, multi-URL isn't the easiest thing to implement. Mike, you've probably indirectly discovered exactly why this is so. Different domains, sites, etc, even when run by one entity, can have different field names for login forms. The fields are what 1P captures and fills in. So when you change the field name from "usrPSSWD" to "usr_PASS" on intranet-enginnering.xyzcorp.net, 1Password will not likely function well based on the credentials from intranet.xyzcorp.com. Ideally, it's always the same (because it'd be one unified system in the first place), but this is another issue that would crop up and complicate [i]and confuse[/i] the feature.
  • [quote name='1Jeff' timestamp='1281302856' post='7962']

To add to what Jeffrey said, multi-URL isn't the easiest thing to implement. Mike, you've probably indirectly discovered exactly why this is so. Different domains, sites, etc, even when run by one entity, can have different field names for login forms. The fields are what 1P captures and fills in. So when you change the field name from "usrPSSWD" to "usr_PASS" on intranet-enginnering.xyzcorp.net, 1Password will not likely function well based on the credentials from intranet.xyzcorp.com. Ideally, it's always the same (because it'd be one unified system in the first place), but this is another issue that would crop up and complicate [i]and confuse[/i] the feature.

[/quote]

I agree with you 1Jeff - it would be difficult, but if you somehow gave the user some more control to select the credential that 1PW would use, that would solve the problem. I am new to Mac and 1PW but have used RoboForm for Windows for years, and it gets around this by allowing you to customize the right click menu with a "Fill With...." option that allows the user to select the credential to be used.
  • I'd like to add my vote for this feature as well.

Thanks
  • Hello OM4James, and welcome to the Forums!

Thank you for your vote! Several other users have requested this feature, but I do not have anything new to report to you at this time.

You may wish to follow a more recent thread for future updates: [url="http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/7225-multiple-urls-per-login-item/"]Multiple URLs[/url]

Cheers!

Brandt