This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Password History Does Not Reveal Passwords

Pressing the arrow within the circle does not reveal the password.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer

Welcome to the forums, 2guard! I'm not sure I understand the issue. Could you tell me if you are talking about 1Password for Mac, Windows, iOS, or some other platform? Is this in the main application or in the browser extension? I don't know of any "arrow within [a] circle" that is supposed to reveal any password.

It sounds like perhaps you are referring to the "View password history" button in the desktop browser extensions. If so, there is no way to reveal the password from there. Since the passwords listed there are always going to be generated by the Password Generator, they are not very easy to type, so we make copying them to the clipboard convenient with a single click on the password. If you do need to view a generated password for some reason, you can do so in the main 1Password application. In 1Password for Mac, just be sure to enable the Generated Passwords section in the sidebar (Preferences > General > Display in Sidebar > Generated Passwords) then you can either toggle View > Conceal Passwords in the menu bar or hold down the Option key on your keyboard to quickly temporarily reveal any passwords of an item shown in the details view.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.