This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Moving 1P v1.4 data to 3.1.1Pro

<div class="IPBDescription">Migrate from old version to new version</div>I have 1Password, version 1.4, on an iPod Touch. I'm upgrading this to an iPhone running 1Password Pro version 3.1.1. I have 1Password on an iMac running version 3.3. Does anyone know how I can get the user data off of version 1.4 and into 3.3 on the iMac or 3.1.1 on the iPhone directly? The OS on the iPod is pre 3.0 and upgrading to Apple's latest OS looks like it will wipe out all data. I assume there's no iTunes backup file but I really don't know. Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• [quote name='fredm' timestamp='1281137240' post='7869']

I have 1Password, version 1.4, on an iPod Touch. I'm upgrading this to an iPhone running 1Password Pro version 3.1.1. I have 1Password on an iMac running version 3.3. Does anyone know how I can get the user data off of version 1.4 and into 3.3 on the iMac or 3.1.1 on the iPhone directly? The OS on the iPod is pre 3.0 and upgrading to Apple's latest OS looks like it will wipe out all data. I assume there's no iTunes backup file but I really don't know. Thanks for any advice.

[/quote]

Hi Fred,

If you have 1Password for Mac installed you'll want to first perform a Wi-Fi sync from 1Password 1.4 on the iPod Touch to 1Password for Mac by following our setup guide here:

http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/sync_to_iphone.html

Once you've done this and verified your data is intact you can then perform the same procedure on the new iPhone running 1Password Pro, if this device can run iOS 4 you may want to upgrade to this and then update to 1Password Pro 3.5.1 which adds a lot of great new features and Dropbox syncing support.

Hope that helps,
  • HI Stu:

Thanks for the reply. I upgraded the iPod Touch to iOS 4.0. But the instructions to get from the iPod require 1Password 2.2 or later on the iPod. And it appears installing 3.0+ on the iPod won't help as the data has to be migrated to a new format before that upgrade. So is there a way I can get to 2.2 on the iPod, make the wireless backup/sync and then upgrade the iPod? That's what I think I'm reading, but might be missing a point.

Thanks,

fredm