This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Is Knox a stale product?

insanekitty
insanekitty Junior Member
edited February 2013 in Knox

Hi,

Having been a user of 1Password for the desktop and IOS versions since they were both released and love them both I was looking at using Knox, but after reading several reviews and looking at the change logs and the amount of request for fixes and product enhancements (at the minimum integrate with 1P, you do own both products) bring requested on the forum that either never happen or get the same reply of "will pass it on to the devs" the product does appear to be very stale.

I know you have 1Password 4 being worked on (eagerly waiting as already bought license and can finally ditch Dropbox) but it does feel Knox gets only critical fixes and no real updates.

All this has stopped me from buying Knox, could anyone confirm the future of this product, if there is a future and I know it's bing actively worked on I will buy it like a shot.

Regards

Megan

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai

Hi Megan,

Knox isn't dead or stale as you'd call it. It's a simple app that doesn't require a lot of updates to do what it does. If you have suggestions as to what Knox should include in the future, please let us know.

Integration between Knox and 1Password isn't as simple as one would think it would be, especially if we'd like to move both products to the Mac App Store in the future. The sandboxing technologies would prevent such a deep integration but there are ideas that could work around this limitation and we'll investigate to find a way to make this possible. It is likely it will not be in the current Knox 2 app but rather in a future major version of Knox.

We do have a lot of plans for Knox but right now, 1Password 4 is a higher priority as we're a small company with limited resources. As soon as we finish 1Password 4 for all platforms, we'll then can focus on Knox 3 for Mac but as to when that'll happen, I don't know.