This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Can't launch 1Password

When I click on the 1Password Icon, I see the 1Password menu bar flash for a split second, then the Finder menu bar returns. I see the same behavior if I select Open 1Password on the dropdown menu in Firefox (after clicking the 1P icon). 1PasswordAgent is running (per Activity Monitor). Have tried logging out and logging back in but the behavior remains the same.

Comments

• Is it installed in your /Applications folder? If so, have you tried launching it directly from there?
  • [quote name='JerryRobinson' timestamp='1281141744' post='7870']

When I click on the 1Password Icon, I see the 1Password menu bar flash for a split second, then the Finder menu bar returns. I see the same behavior if I select Open 1Password on the dropdown menu in Firefox (after clicking the 1P icon). 1PasswordAgent is running (per Activity Monitor). Have tried logging out and logging back in but the behavior remains the same.

[/quote]

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to the forums, I'm just sorry your first post isn't under better circumstances. What you're describing sounds like the main 1Password application has somehow become corrupt, although I'm not sure what would have caused this.

The best thing to do is to manually download the latest version from http://agile.ws/downloads and then reinstall. Make sure you quit any browsers and drag the current version of 1Password to the trash before installing the newly downloaded version. This won't harm any of your 1Password data as it's stored in a separate file which doesn't get touched by a reinstall.

Hope that helps,
  • Thanks, Stu. Problem was indeed a corrupted app. I believe I had responded to a notification for an upgrade right before things went south. In any case, I'm back in business. Thanks for the fast response!
  • [quote name='JerryRobinson' timestamp='1281388916' post='8062']

Thanks, Stu. Problem was indeed a corrupted app. I believe I had responded to a notification for an upgrade right before things went south. In any case, I'm back in business. Thanks for the fast response!

[/quote]

You're welcome, Jerry. We're not entirely sure why some users face problems with the 1Password upgrades, the one thing I'd suggest is to make sure that you quit any browsers before performing a 1Password update.

In any event, glad to hear you're up and running again.