This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

master password not recognized

sbro
sbro
edited February 2013 in 1Password USB Sync (Beta)

Gents,

first of all let me express my disappointment and high level of frustration about your product management. Releasing a new version in a cloud-connected world whose compatibility with the Mac version is yet to come is imho ignoring customer experience (esp. removing WIFI sync for no reason). Staking everything on the Dropbox card adds to this. Being a professional IT auditor for 15+ years I will never upload senstive data to this environment, even if the data is encrypted.

Having said that, I would like to let you know about an additional and practical problem. I have used USB sync successfully to a certain extend. Now I am asked to "unlock" the dataset with my 1P password from the Mac (confusing german translation within the popup btw). This password is never recognized (tried 15 times or more, according to statistics one shot should have hit the target). Of course it's complex, however it deviates from the one I use for iOS.

Any hints?

Thanks a lot and best regards
-sbro

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.