This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password Pro for iPhone changed the way auto-lock works

nev
nev Junior Member
edited August 2010 in iOS
Using 1Password Pro for iPhone, running iOS4 on a 3GS, I find that, after quitting the app, I can open it again without being asked for a password on startup.

This means it no longer has any claim to security on my iPhone.

The only way I can enforce the requirement for a password on startup is to kill the app in the multitasking area

Comments

• [quote name='nev' timestamp='1281214504' post='7904']

Using 1Password Pro for iPhone, running iOS4 on a 3GS, I find that, after quitting the app, I can open it again without being asked for a password on startup.

This means it no longer has any claim to security on my iPhone.

The only way I can enforce the requirement for a password on startup is to kill the app in the multitasking area.

[/quote]

Hi Nev,

I'm sorry for the confusion here, 1Password Pro 3.5 and above now support iOS4's multi-tasking features and as such you can now specify how long before both the unlock code and master password are locked and also if these are locked when you switch away from 1Password Pro.

You can change these settings from their defaults by going to More > Settings > Security from within 1Password and set the time-out for the unlock code and master password and if you want them to 'Lock when Inactive' which means they'll lock when you switch apps.

Hope that makes sense, and once again I'm sorry for any confusion or worry this caused.