This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

New login doesn't show password

mreed
mreed Junior Member
I saved a new login and when I went to look up the password it only showed asterisks. I edited it to show the login and went to the website to login where I was prompted to save it again.

When I checked 1password, it generated a new login that also showed asterisks.

Running Mac OS 10.6.4 and 1PW: Version 3.3.1.BETA-2 (build 30707)

Comments

• Bonobo
    Bonobo Junior Member
    edited June 2011
    I [i]know[/i] this is an old thread, but I’m a member in a private SMF forum where this also seems to happen to the people using 1Password ([s]not me, oddly[/s] see below). We have already found a workaround that includes copy & paste resp. manual editing, but that’s not a real solution.

I wonder whether other people have encountered this also …

Greetings, Tom

[color="red"]<edit>[/color]

I just tried it and it happens for me, too: After deleting my 1PW entry for that forum, logging out there, logging back in and clicking 1PW’s save button the according entry in 1PW shows asterisks, not the password name. Upon switching to “conceal password” I get the bullets, on switching back to unconcealed I get the asterisks again.

• Mac OS X 10.6.8

• Safari 5.0.5

• 1Password Version 3.6.1.BETA-2 (build 31052)

• Simple Machines Forum 1.1.4

[color="red"]</edit>[/color]

[color="#FF0000"]

[color="red"]<edit 2>[/color]

[color="#000000"]Just tried the same using the context menu instead of the appearing 1PW toolbar, and here the phenomenon mentioned above does NOT happen, i.e. I see my password in the according 1PW entry.[/color][/color]

[color="#FF0000"] [color="red"]</edit 2>[/color][/color]
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Hey Tom,

It sounds like the page is modifying the content in the input fields before submission to change whatever you input to asterisks, so that is what 1Password "sees" when it saves the form. 1Password only saves what is on the page, but in this case, the what is on the page is not what you entered because the page modified your input behind your back.)

Could you provide a URL? I'd love to take a look and see if I can resolve this for you. If we need to change something in the code, the developers would need the URL in order to make sure it is fixed.

Thanks for you help!