This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Dropbox is Sweet!

Gazooo123
Gazooo123 Junior Member
Hey Guys, wow is all I can say. Guess I am one of the lucky ones, I caught the update while it was up on the Market and it works just awesome.

Things I noticed...

1. The load time on Beta 1.5 is just so much better. The prior version seemed to take around 5 sec to load the app, a lifetime on a smartphone. This version loads in less than 2 sec for me, not perfect but considerably better.

2. Dropsync is out of control (that's a compliment), the original load took a while, even while using wifi. The results are just beautiful, I think my eyes are watering.....

3. I really like the dots for passwords and that all i have to do to look is touch it, nice work.

Hope you guys can get some of the kinks worked out so the masses may enjoy the fruits of you labor, and really test this version out.

Questions:

1. Do i manually have to sync to dropbox or will it do it on every log in the app. It seems to have saved to my sd card now, which is wonderful for me in case I don't have wifi or 3G access at the time.

2. Also if I need to sync to dropbox, is it just updating. As stated earlier it took a while to sync for the first time, way too long moving forward.

Thx Gene and the gang at 1Password!

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi Gazooo123 ,

Thank you very much for your feedback, comments like that really make my day !

We at Agile are striving to make our customer happy with our products, it is our ultimate goal.

I'd like to provide you some additional information on the Dropbox Syncing option, hope you will find the information useful.

Data Sync speed depends on many things, on your network speed , of course, but most importantly on availability of Dropbox Server. I see sometimes that the server is

busy processing other requests or temporarily unavailable.

I see it during my testing or when using Dropbox for Android.

Not much we can do about it but just sync again. To me it works fine, I wait 5- 10 sec, sync again and it goes fast.

Message "File Not Found" is what Dropbox Server reports to the phone and what I show to the user,

it usually means that Dropbox Server refuses connection (busy or temporarily unavailable).

BTW: my google email was unavailable half of the day yesterday (server error 65, sorry for the inconvenience etc....), so it obviously happens.

My keychain (200 items, total size of Default folder > 6M) is fully syncing for 5-6 min, sometimes less, incremental sync (5-6 files) is very fast.

One customer reported syncing his data file of 77M (more than 1500 items !) in a reasonable amount of time (I am very pleased with that).

Many customers reported the same speed of syncing for iPhone and Android,

which is not a surprise (although iPhone version does syncing both ways which, of course, is much more complex to do).

Sync is always manual by using a Sync Menu option.I think Auto Sync will be too much an overhead for the phone and the network.

Your Dropbox password is required only the very first time or if you use Menu=>Preferences=>Check Keychain Location.

You Dropbox credentials are not stored anywhere on the phone (security risk is eliminated), all consequitive accesses are done using

an authorization token.

Notice that Dropbox syncing is incremental, so if there is a network problem, next sync will pick up from the last downloaded file on.

In addition, only updated files are downloaded on your phone in order to speed up the process.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[quote name='Gazooo123' timestamp='1281583295' post='8333']

Hey Guys, wow is all I can say. Guess I am one of the lucky ones, I caught the update while it was up on the Market and it works just awesome.

Things I noticed...

1. The load time on Beta 1.5 is just so much better. The prior version seemed to take around 5 sec to load the app, a lifetime on a smartphone. This version loads in less than 2 sec for me, not perfect but considerably better.

2. Dropsync is out of control (that's a compliment), the original load took a while, even while using wifi. The results are just beautiful, I think my eyes are watering.....

3. I really like the dots for passwords and that all i have to do to look is touch it, nice work.

Hope you guys can get some of the kinks worked out so the masses may enjoy the fruits of you labor, and really test this version out.

Questions:

1. Do i manually have to sync to dropbox or will it do it on every log in the app. It seems to have saved to my sd card now, which is wonderful for me in case I don't have wifi or 3G access at the time.

2. Also if I need to sync to dropbox, is it just updating. As stated earlier it took a while to sync for the first time, way too long moving forward.

Thx Gene and the gang at 1Password!

[/quote]
  • Gazooo123
    Gazooo123 Junior Member
    Excellant info, thx Gene.

[quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1281637968' post='8473']

Hi Gazooo123 ,

Thank you very much for your feedback, comments like that really make my day !

We at Agile are striving to make our customer happy with our products, it is our ultimate goal.

I'd like to provide you some additional information on the Dropbox Syncing option, hope you will find the information useful.

Data Sync speed depends on many things, on your network speed , of course, but most importantly on availability of Dropbox Server. I see sometimes that the server is

busy processing other requests or temporarily unavailable.

I see it during my testing or when using Dropbox for Android.

Not much we can do about it but just sync again. To me it works fine, I wait 5- 10 sec, sync again and it goes fast.

Message "File Not Found" is what Dropbox Server reports to the phone and what I show to the user,

it usually means that Dropbox Server refuses connection (busy or temporarily unavailable).

BTW: my google email was unavailable half of the day yesterday (server error 65, sorry for the inconvenience etc....), so it obviously happens.

My keychain (200 items, total size of Default folder > 6M) is fully syncing for 5-6 min, sometimes less, incremental sync (5-6 files) is very fast.

One customer reported syncing his data file of 77M (more than 1500 items !) in a reasonable amount of time (I am very pleased with that).

Many customers reported the same speed of syncing for iPhone and Android,

which is not a surprise (although iPhone version does syncing both ways which, of course, is much more complex to do).

Sync is always manual by using a Sync Menu option.I think Auto Sync will be too much an overhead for the phone and the network.

Your Dropbox password is required only the very first time or if you use Menu=>Preferences=>Check Keychain Location.

You Dropbox credentials are not stored anywhere on the phone (security risk is eliminated), all consequitive accesses are done using

an authorization token.

Notice that Dropbox syncing is incremental, so if there is a network problem, next sync will pick up from the last downloaded file on.

In addition, only updated files are downloaded on your phone in order to speed up the process.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[/quote]
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi, Gazooo123

You are very welcome, and thank you too for your feedback and suggestions !

Regards,

Gene