This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

BUG: incomplete URL's

JPinter
JPinter Junior Member
<div class="IPBDescription">Partial URL's downloaded to Android</div>I don't know if it is a bug or something I've done wrong. However, when I sync 1Password to my android phone I get incomplete URL's on many of my login's. For example, to log into this web site 1Password goes to "http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/" but the URL that is loaded into Android via Drop Box is login.php?do=login. On another web site it loads "owaauth.dll" for the URL and still another it loads "/accounts". Other sites it loads the proper URL on.

All other machines (mac and windows) it is correct and 1Password anywhere on the Drop Box web site is correct. I deleted the keychain on Android, reset the preferences to look in Drop Box then synced the phone again but with the same results. The only other option would be to copy the keychain from my mac directly into the Drop Box folder on the Android phone which I haven't done. I'm waiting to find out if this Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong before going any further.

John

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited August 2010
    Hi JPinter,

First of all, thank you for bringing the issue to our attention.

I have 60 Logins in my testing keychain and every single one of them shows correct URL.

Therefore, I'd like to ask you to help me to solve the issue.

Please open 1Password for Mac, go to Logins and find a login which is shown incorrectly on your Android Phone.

Right click on the Login in the list, select Copy menu option and paste selected text into the Text Editor.

You should have something like this:

============================================

[{"updatedAt":1280340460,"locationKey":"agilewebsolutions.com","keyID":"FAE14A4DF78E4ADE9F9DF98D4A866695",

"securityLevel":"SL5","openContents":{"usernameHash":"c3f8d3db77b9eb171d96661d864870fe618efa508e379f3dbd738e9265059283","passwordStrength":38},

"contentsHash":"23c2e36e","title":"Agilewebsolutions","location":"http://agilewebsolutions.com/index.php/login?url=display%2FHAX-48932-166","secureContents":{"htmlName":"","fields":[{"value":"test@hotmail.com","type":"T","designation":"username","name":"email"},{"value":"XXXXXXXXX","type":"P","designation":"password","name":"password"}]

,"htmlMethod":"post","notesPlain":"Note 333",[b][color="#000080"]"htmlAction":"http://agilewebsolutions.com/index.php/"[/color][/b],"htmlID":"loginForm"},"createdAt":1278362784,"typeName":"webforms.WebForm"}]

============================================

Value "htmlAction" is exactly what is shown to you on your phone as Url for your Login .

Please let me know what you see in this field and what you expect to see (or what you see on your desktop app).I will try to address the issue and put the solution in the next release.

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[quote name='JPinter' timestamp='1281707614' post='8612']

I don't know if it is a bug or something I've done wrong. However, when I sync 1Password to my android phone I get incomplete URL's on many of my login's. For example, to log into this web site 1Password goes to "http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/" but the URL that is loaded into Android via Drop Box is login.php?do=login. On another web site it loads "owaauth.dll" for the URL and still another it loads "/accounts". Other sites it loads the proper URL on.

All other machines (mac and windows) it is correct and 1Password anywhere on the Drop Box web site is correct. I deleted the keychain on Android, reset the preferences to look in Drop Box then synced the phone again but with the same results. The only other option would be to copy the keychain from my mac directly into the Drop Box folder on the Android phone which I haven't done. I'm waiting to find out if this Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong before going any further.

John

[/quote]
  • It's doing the exact same thing for me. Here's what is showing in my htmlAction:

/olam/loginAction.doview

It should be:

https://www.wireless.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute?goto=welcome

It looks as if it's only picking up part of the url. Most of my logins are doing the same thing. Thanks in advance!
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited August 2010
    Hi Morfyous,

Thank you for the information,

I will take a look at the issue, probably value of

Location is more suited than htmlAction.

I will discuss the issue with 1P for Mac team and

make an update in the future release.

Or I will show both values in the list.

Please stay tuned for the updates.

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[quote name='Morfyous' timestamp='1282163026' post='9120']

It's doing the exact same thing for me. Here's what is showing in my htmlAction:

/olam/loginAction.doview

It should be:

https://www.wireless.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute?goto=welcome

It looks as if it's only picking up part of the url. Most of my logins are doing the same thing. Thanks in advance!

[/quote]
  • JPinter
    JPinter Junior Member
    Hi Gene,

Sorry it took so long to reply. I did as you asked and this is what the htmlAction is shown as:

htmlAction":"login.php?do=login"},"createdAt":1252778116,"typeName":"webforms.WebForm"}]

The URL should be: http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/

Other URL's show different information, for example on another it lists a .dll file for the URL. Still others it shows the correct log in.

Hope this helps,

John
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi JPinter,

I will make a change in the next 1P for Android release coming next week, hope it will fix your issue.

There will be other important new things introduced in this release so please stay tuned!

Best regards,

Gene

[quote name='JPinter' timestamp='1282753443' post='9827']

Hi Gene,

Sorry it took so long to reply. I did as you asked and this is what the htmlAction is shown as:

htmlAction":"login.php?do=login"},"createdAt":1252778116,"typeName":"webforms.WebForm"}]

The URL should be: http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/

Other URL's show different information, for example on another it lists a .dll file for the URL. Still others it shows the correct log in.

Hope this helps,

John

[/quote]
  • JPinter
    JPinter Junior Member
    GR8!! The new update loaded the correct URL's. Now, it would be nice to be able to auto log in by pressing on the URL. Something to think about for the future.

You did good Gene, THANKS,

=Jp=

[quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1282830519' post='9893']

Hi JPinter,

I will make a change in the next 1P for Android release coming next week, hope it will fix your issue.

There will be other important new things introduced in this release so please stay tuned!

Best regards,

Gene

[/quote]
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi JPinter,

I am glad that URLs are shown correctly,

However, some users reported that usernames are not visible for webForms (the issue will be fixed in the next release

coming in couple of days),so please update your application soon.

Autolog feature is something that we may think later on,

I completely agree that it will be very convenient for the users.

As of today,clicking on link simply launches a browser window with the given URL.Next you may long click on username or password

and these values will be copied to clipboard and pasted into the corresponding fields on the web form.

I agree that this approach is somewhat less convenient but in the same time, it is fully functional.

Best Regards,

Gene

[quote name='JPinter' timestamp='1283005341' post='10002']

GR8!! The new update loaded the correct URL's. Now, it would be nice to be able to auto log in by pressing on the URL. Something to think about for the future.

You did good Gene, THANKS,

=Jp=

[/quote]
  • I just wanted to say thank you as well. I really love 1password and the support here is top notch!
  • Hi Morfyous,

I am very pleased with your comments, you just made my day !

We at Agile are always doing our best in order to satisfy customers with our products and services and when our customers are happy we are very happy too !

Please always forward us your suggestions, recommendation on how to make 1P for Android even better.

Your feedback is very important to us !

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

Gene

[quote name='Morfyous' timestamp='1283344157' post='10276']

I just wanted to say thank you as well. I really love 1password and the support here is top notch!

[/quote]