This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1password not working on AT&T website

I tried to use 1password on AT&T wireless website but does not work. There is no username, only wireless number and password. Not even the password gets populated.

Any ideas.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    Its working here ...in go and fill and by navigating to the site directly.

Have you tried to enter the phone number and password and click the 1p button and select save login. This is a common fix for sometimes troublesome sites.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited August 2010
    [quote name='Fidelfs' timestamp='1281721531' post='8648']

I tried to use 1password on AT&T wireless website but does not work. There is no username, only wireless number and password. Not even the password gets populated.

Any ideas.

[/quote]

Instructions for the iPad only:

Please open 1Password:

1) Go to Logins section on the left sidebar

2) Find your ATT Login

3) Press the Edit button, it is next to the login title

4) Set the website address to: "https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute" (without the quotes)

5) Make sure you have the following rows with 3 columns set:

wireless_num | Enter your wireless number | mark this username

pass | Enter your password | mark this your password

(Note that the first column must match the field names, it has to be "wireless_num" and "pass" in the first column)

5) Press Done. Check if it works now.
  • [quote name='MikeT' timestamp='1281731470' post='8667']

Hi Fidelfs, welcome to the forums!

Visit the login page, https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute

1. Enter your wireless number and password, but DO NOT submit the form.

2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.

3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).

4. Click the Save button.

[/quote]

I am sorry but are you talking about the Ipad version? i followed the tutorial in your website and it is different for what you describe.

[list=1]

[*]Create bookmark.

[*]Remove the junk to leave after the javascript.

[*]save the bookmark

[*]go to the website (in this case att.com)

[*]fill the phone number and password (don't submit the form)

[*]Go to my bookmarks and look for the 1password bookmark the I created before... Wait, I don't see a button mentioned by you in step # 2 nor save login option.

[/list]

I admit that I am a newbie and this is my third website that I am trying to set with 1password, but I think you are talking about a different version, maybe for mac. The one I have is for "Ipad"

I really don't see an option on my bookmarks to save a login like you described, if I click 1password bookmark, takes me to the 1password application, then I can copy the either username or password (not both), but it does not take me back to safari like the instructions mentioned.

Am I doing something wrong?
  • It works fine with verizon wirelles website, both fields are populated in the browser included in 1password, but not att.

I am able to get the id filled in on Facebook but not the password.

?????
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    [quote name='Fidelfs' timestamp='1281732494' post='8670']

I am sorry but are you talking about the Ipad version? i followed the tutorial in your website and it is different for what you describe.

[list=1][*]Create bookmark.[*]Remove the junk to leave after the javascript.[*]save the bookmark[*]go to the website (in this case att.com)[*]fill the phone number and password (don't submit the form)[*]Go to my bookmarks and look for the 1password bookmark the I created before... Wait, I don't see a button mentioned by you in step # 2 nor save login option.[/list]

I admit that I am a newbie and this is my third website that I am trying to set with 1password, but I think you are talking about a different version, maybe for mac. The one I have is for "Ipad"

I really don't see an option on my bookmarks to save a login like you described, if I click 1password bookmark, takes me to the 1password application, then I can copy the either username or password (not both), but it does not take me back to safari like the instructions mentioned.

Am I doing something wrong?

[/quote]

Hi, I'm so sorry, I should've paid more attention and see that this was in the iOS forum and not the Mac forum.

Here's the instructions for the iPad version:

Please open 1Password:

1) Go to Logins section on the left sidebar

2) Find your ATT Login

3) Press the Edit button, it is next to the login title

4) Set the website address to: "https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute" (without the quotes)

5) Make sure you have the following rows with 3 columns set:

wireless_num | Enter your wireless number | mark this username

pass | Enter your password | mark this your password

(Note that the first column must match the field names, it has to be "wireless_num" and "pass" in the first column)

5) Press Done. Check if it works now.
  • Hi,

It is now working.

One quick question, how do I know the field name for each website? like for ATT is wireless_num but for verizon wireless is username. How do I know?

Thanks,
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited August 2010
    [quote name='Fidelfs' timestamp='1281736774' post='8686']

Hi,

It is now working.

One quick question, how do I know the field name for each website? like for ATT is wireless_num but for verizon wireless is username. How do I know?

Thanks,

[/quote]

Beside using 1Password for Mac client, you can use a web browser to look at the source code for the name used for the fields or you can use a web inspector tool such as the Web Inspector tool in Safari. If you're using Safari, you can right click (cmd+click) on the input forms and select "inspect Element" and it'll bring up a small window detailing the source code used for the form. You need to figure out the names used, often it is in <input> tag with the "name=" value.

So for an example, go to the ATT login [url="https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute"]page[/url], right click on the wireless number field and select "Inspect Element". Safari will bring up a small window on the bottom, [color=#1C2837]the source code used for that input field will be highlighted:[/color]

[code]<input type="text" name="wireless_num" maxlength="50" size="21" value="" onkeydown="return validateAlphaNumericKeyDownForUverse(event)" onkeyup="autotab('loginActionForm',this,50);" onblur="this.value=removeSpaces(this.value);this.value=removeHyphens(this.value);">

[/code]

You can figure out the name of the field by looking at the value for the "name=" above. [url=""]Search for the source code used for that input field will be highlighte ...[/url] [url=""]Search for a map[/url] [url=""]Translate[/url] Source: Attribution goes here [url=""]About Bing Highlights[/url]

Bing Highlights Version 1.0.0 (12) Copyright © 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. [url=""]Support[/url] Source: Attribution goes here [url=""]About Bing Highlights[/url]
  • What if the form you are working with has no "name=" value?

I am trying to get the login at my.pogoplug.com to work, but the <input> tags have only an ID and a Class.

It recognizes the password, because the input type is "password", but it can't seem to grab the other field... which should be an email address.

Anyway for 1Password to record that?
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited January 2011
    Welcome to the forums, Jeff.

Creating a "Regular Login" in 1Password for iOS works well for me at https://my.pogoplug.com/

Are you having different results, or did you post in the wrong forum? Please let me know if you are referring to 1Password for Mac. Thanks!