This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Backing up 1password

jchiar
jchiar Member
While back I had a quickpick for .Mac backup. Reviewing the change log , support was removed for it a while back.

What I am trying to find out is what directories and files need to be backed up? Obviously the keychain, but what about the preferences, license file?, etc?

Thanks

Comments

• rsilber
    rsilber Junior Member
    [quote name='jchiar' timestamp='1282132101' post='9078']

While back I had a quickpick for .Mac backup. Reviewing the change log , support was removed for it a while back.

What I am trying to find out is what directories and files need to be backed up? Obviously the keychain, but what about the preferences, license file?, etc?

Thanks

[/quote]

In 1Password, choose 1Password > Preferences > Backup. This will back up your essentials. Of course, in 1Password you are saving your license under the Software vault in the left column. Finally, if your using Time Machine, your preferences are automatically saved.

IMHO, this is what makes 1Password so simple.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    It was not clear to me if you are currently using MobileMe, but MobileMe will sync your preferences — all the data in ~/Library/Preferences, including ws.agile.1Password.plist — if you allow it to sync your Preferences. It's the check box you have to scroll down to see in System Preferences > MobileMe on the Sync tab. It's right after the sync checkbox for Notes.
  • jchiar
    jchiar Member
    Yes, I use MobileMe. I didn't know it backed up preferences.

Forgot also that I have the license keys in 1password.

Also use the agile keychain on my dropbox.

So my last question, 1password doesn't use the image licensing anymore ?