This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Sync multiple iphones/ipads using dropbox without Mac/PC

ibuckeye
ibuckeye Junior Member
I would like to sync iPassword database between multiple the iphones/ipads using dropbox without Mac/PC? Can this be done? Thanks.

Comments

• rsilber
    rsilber Junior Member
    [quote name='ibuckeye' timestamp='1282160814' post='9114']

I would like to sync iPassword database between multiple the iphones/ipads using dropbox without Mac/PC? Can this be done? Thanks.

[/quote]

I haven't tried it personally, but I can't see why not. Since DropBox is cloud computing, it's not relying on your machine. While a little more tedious, you should be able to create an account from iOS4, and then link to that from your devises.
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    We are working on it.

Currently, you still need to create a new data file on Dropbox using Mac or PC.

If, at the moment, you do not wish to purchase the desktop app, simply use a trial version of 1Password for Mac or Windows to create a new data file and then move it to Dropbox folder. After that you will be able to sync.
  • ibuckeye
    ibuckeye Junior Member
    [quote name='roustem' timestamp='1282260533' post='9226']

We are working on it.

Currently, you still need to create a new data file on Dropbox using Mac or PC.

If, at the moment, you do not wish to purchase the desktop app, simply use a trial version of 1Password for Mac or Windows to create a new data file and then move it to Dropbox folder. After that you will be able to sync.

[/quote]

Thanks for your quick reply. I will try it out.
  • ibuckeye
    ibuckeye Junior Member
    [quote name='ibuckeye' timestamp='1282763157' post='9844']

Thanks for your quick reply. I will try it out.

[/quote]

Found the instruction at

http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/cloud_syncing_with_dropbox.html