This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password not saving new logins

contradictionofgerms
contradictionofgerms Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I originally came here because I was having a problem getting updated passwords to save. Using the strong password generator to update older, weak passwords; several sites, after clicking update password, wouldn't pop-up the 1Password window to update, or save new, passwords. I've noticed it at a few sites with MobileMe being the most recent. Then, when signing up for this site, 1Password didn't even pop up the bar to save my new login!

Since it's very highly unlikely you don't support your own bulletin board site, something is clearly wrong with my copy. Any help you can offer for getting my copy working properly would be greatly appreciated.

dennis

p.s. Just tried to update my password on paypal and everything worked as it should, but mobile me still fails. ...for what that's worth.

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, Dennis!

Could you please tell us which version of 1Password you are using? You can use the 1Password -> About 1Password menu option to get the version number. Thanks!
  • contradictionofgerms
    contradictionofgerms Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Yes, of course! Terribly sorry for not providing that info earlier. I'm using 3.1.3 build 30645.

dennis
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='contradictionofgerms']Yes, of course! Terribly sorry for not providing that info earlier. I'm using 3.1.3 build 30645.

dennis[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I think that your issue with the MobileMe site (or any other) where you're trying to change your password is due to a problem introduced in the 1Password 3.1.3 release. This problem is that when a newly generated password is made, it's not actually stored anywhere -- including into the field so you in effect did not change the password. We have corrected this problem for our next release.
  • harborgirl
    harborgirl Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I just bought 1Password tonight and am having the same problem.

When will the fix be released?
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited May 2010
    Welcome to the forums, harborgirl. I'm sorry you're having this problem. If you'd like, please enable beta versions in 1Password > Preferences > Updates and give version 3.2 beta 3 a try. Our betas are generally very stable and it's easy to downgrade to a non-beta version if it doesn't work out. However, if you're not comfortable with the idea of using beta software, the next update should be out of beta soon.

[Edit] Sorry, I misunderstood the problem. I thought we had a widespread bug in the application that must have been fixed in the 3.2 betas, rather than a site-specific issue as appears to be the case. My apologies for causing any confusion!
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    edited December 1969
    I do not think upgrading to beta will help in this case.

The password change form on MobileMe website is a bit too complex for 1Password to detect the password change:

[img]http://img.skitch.com/20100520-bqh524ny6m2fqmdbcq56qby4j.png[/img]

As you can see there are 5 different password fields and this confuses the 1Password code that detect the password change form.

We'll see what we can do to improve this in future. For now, please copy the generated password to clipboard and then update the Login item manually.