This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Mounting Knox formatted Partition

Joedds
Joedds Junior Member
My HD is partitioned into 3 volumes. One of these volumes is reformatted as a Knox Vault. When starting up, Knox prompts for a password to open this vault. If this is canceled, the volume is unmounted. Is there a way to access the volume without restarting? The volume does not show up in the finder and is greyed out as an unmountable vault in Knox preferences.

MacBook / 10.6.4 / Knox 2.04

Comments

• If it is a partition, does it show in "Disk Utility"? You may be able to mount it from there. [but I have not checked it myself]
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited October 2010
    Hi Joedds,

Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry that you are having this problem. I don't [i]know[/i] that the latest version will solve this particular issue, but we do have a newer version of Knox available (2.0.6). As a Knox user, I'm sure you take security seriously, and we always recommend staying up to date with not only Agile software but also Mac OS X.

It could very well be an issue of having the partition on your startup drive. I know boot volumes are (obviously?) not supported. I don't think I have personally tried with a separate [i]partition[/i] on the startup [i]drive[/i] but that may be part of the issue.

Please let me know if updating Knox miraculously solves the problem, but I will try to figure out what may be going on in the mean time.

Thanks!