This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1P Toolbar Icon Won't Go Away

Jaddie
Jaddie Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Dear Friends

I can't get rid of the 1Password toolbar icon in Safari v4.0.5 (6531.22.7) (most current public release). If I delete it via View > Customize Toolbar..., it simply reappears when I relaunch Safari. I'm using 1Password v3.1.3 (build 30645) under Mac OS X 10.6.3 on a Mac Pro.

I apologize if this has already been answered. I spent a few minutes browsing forum threads and see that there's been a problem with keeping it in the toolbar. But I'd prefer it to be gone.

I'm overwhelmed by the very powerful, silky-smooth convenience of 1Password. The app has changed my Web-browsing life, but I prefer not to have the 1Password icon in my toolbar because I prefer to keep the fact that I use it as low-key as possible.

Thanks in advance if you're able to offer any guidance in helping me delete the icon from my Safari toolbar.

--Jaddie

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    edited December 1969
    Thank you very the very kind words, Jaddie!

Do you have Evernote toolbar button in Safari?

Evernote plugin often inadvertently removes 1P button and we have a special code in 1Password to restore the button and ignore other customizations.
  • Jaddie
    Jaddie Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Dear Roustem

Yes, I recently installed Evernote, but I thought I'd removed its browser extensions.

In Activity Monitor I don't see any Evernote processes.

--Jaddie
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    Please try control-clicking on the 1P button in the Safari toolbar and select the Remove Item option.
  • Jaddie
    Jaddie Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Dear Marty

I tried that, but the icon keeps coming back. I even deleted the Evernote app, but I think 1Password must see the application on my Time Machine drive.

--Jaddie
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Jaddie']Dear Marty

I tried that, but the icon keeps coming back. I even deleted the Evernote app, but I think 1Password must see the application on my Time Machine drive.

--Jaddie[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by your statement? We've sometimes seen users try to access their 1Password data file directly from their Time Machine backups (a bad idea that never ends well). But your 1Password and Safari preferences aren't going to be located anywhere but your ~/Library/Preferences folder on your boot device/partition (or maybe a networked user folder).