This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

How do I move/convert a "generated password" to a "login"

When I search "Dragging Generated Password Logins" (which comes up with useful hits on google, but following links from google "helpfully" lands me at the front forum page instead of the page identified by the search), I get the following message:

"One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

Ok. But none of my search keywords are less than 4 characters. None are in the "not allowed" examples. I tried several different groups of keywords with the same problem.

On the design front, why is the error message so unhelpful? Why can't it specify which word(s) are not allowed? Most importantly, why should a search with one verboten keyword not continue by searching the other keywords, and return the list with a notice at the top that the (preferably identified) disallowed keyword was not used in the search?

Not to mention my first problem, the reason I came here at all: How do I move/convert a "generated password" to a "login" within 1p Mac 3? Usually it gets picked up when I first log into the website, but a few don't for user-error type reasons.

Momentarily cranky,

RA

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    edited August 2010
    [quote name='Rhileigh Almgren' timestamp='1282689754' post='9753']

When I search "Dragging Generated Password Logins" (which comes up with useful hits on google, but following links from google "helpfully" lands me at the front forum page instead of the page identified by the search), I get the following message:

"One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

Ok. But none of my search keywords are less than 4 characters. None are in the "not allowed" examples. I tried several different groups of keywords with the same problem.

On the design front, why is the error message so unhelpful? Why can't it specify which word(s) are not allowed? Most importantly, why should a search with one verboten keyword not continue by searching the other keywords, and return the list with a notice at the top that the (preferably identified) disallowed keyword was not used in the search?

[/quote]

Welcome to the forum!

I am not sure what could be wrong. It is either the IP.board limitation or we didn't configure it correctly. I tried the same search in the forum and it came up with this post only.

[quote name='Rhileigh Almgren' timestamp='1282689754' post='9753']

Not to mention my first problem, the reason I came here at all: How do I move/convert a "generated password" to a "login" within 1p Mac 3? Usually it gets picked up when I first log into the website, but a few don't for user-error type reasons.

Momentarily cranky,

RA

[/quote]

The easiest way to do that is to login in the web browser and let it autosave the new login:

1. Open the web page with the login form in the browser.

2. Enter the username

3. Select "Fill Last Generated Password" from 1P menu.

4. Submit the form and autosave it (or select Save From from 1P menu before submitting the form).
  • [quote name='roustem' timestamp='1282691845' post='9756']

Welcome to the forum!

I am not sure what could be wrong. It is either the IP.board limitation or we didn't configure it correctly. I tried the same search in the forum and it came up with this post only.

[/quote]

Thanks Roustem! I repeated the search and got the same result you did. I can't think of what is different; I haven't even restarted my browser. But solved for now.

[quote name='roustem' timestamp='1282691845' post='9756']

The easiest way to do that is to login in the web browser and let it autosave the new login:

1. Open the web page with the login form in the browser.

2. Enter the username

3. Select "Fill Last Generated Password" from 1P menu.

4. Submit the form and autosave it (or select Save From from 1P menu before submitting the form).

[/quote]

Do you recommend a similar approach when the password isn't the most recently generated one? e.g. for step 3, open up 1Password and copy the pw from the "generated passwords" list. Is there a way to convert a "generated password" to a login more directly?

Thanks again,

RA
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    [quote name='Rhileigh Almgren' timestamp='1282697080' post='9760']

Do you recommend a similar approach when the password isn't the most recently generated one? e.g. for step 3, open up 1Password and copy the pw from the "generated passwords" list. Is there a way to convert a "generated password" to a login more directly?

[/quote]

Currently, only by copy-and-paste.

This would be a nice feature. Thanks for the suggestion.