This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Password History just shows dots [Use the Option key to view it]

Spaceman
Spaceman Member
edited September 2010 in Mac
I used to be able to mouse over the items in password history when in edit mode and I could see my previous passwords (instead of just the dots). This does not seem to work anymore. I can still go into edit mode and click on the dots for the current password and it will be revealed. It just doesn't work for the ones in the history.

Did I miss some change or is this a bug?

Running OSX 10.6.4 & 1Password 3.4.0.Beta-4 (build30725).

Spaceman

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited September 2010
    [quote name='Spaceman' timestamp='1283372539' post='10317']

I used to be able to mouse over the items in password history when in edit mode and I could see my previous passwords (instead of just the dots). This does not seem to work anymore. I can still go into edit mode and click on the dots for the current password and it will be revealed. It just doesn't work for the ones in the history.

Did I miss some change or is this a bug?

Running OSX 10.6.4 & 1Password 3.4.0.Beta-4 (build30725).

Spaceman

[/quote]

I think it has to do with your conceal password settings, try pressing the option key to see all concealed info on a temp basis. I never really remember it being any other way. Maybe some one else does.
  • Spaceman
    Spaceman Member
    edited September 2010
    Well, if I turn off 'Conceal Passwords' I do see the history. However, I would prefer to not have them always visible. With 'Conceal Passwords' turned on and in edit mode (which is when I am used to being able to see the history passwords) if I press 'Option' as you suggest, the current password does appear, however, the History passwords do not.

I then happened to try Option again but when not in Edit mode and it worked.

So, it appears that the procedure for viewing the History passwords has changed but there is a way to do it.

Thanks for the hint.
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    I should have been a little more specific sorry. Glad you got it sorted.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    [quote name='Spaceman' timestamp='1283392661' post='10337']

Well, if I turn off 'Conceal Passwords' I do see the history. However, I would prefer to not have them always visible. With 'Conceal Passwords' turned on and in edit mode (which is when I am used to being able to see the history passwords) if I press 'Option' as you suggest, the current password does appear, however, the History passwords do not.

I then happened to try Option again but when not in Edit mode and it worked.

So, it appears that the procedure for viewing the History passwords has changed but there is a way to do it.

Thanks for the hint.

[/quote]

Hi,

I'm glad Tommy was able to help you out. We did change how to view the concealed password a short while ago, so it is the "option key" to view the password temporarily.