This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Cannot Customize Site Preview Icons in 1PW

rpm4fsu
rpm4fsu Junior Member
I am running 1Password 3.3.0

I am trying to customize my icons and get rid of the globe and the globe+funky little icon that seems to have started to appear.

One poster said:

"You can still customize the icon for a site by going into 'Edit' mode for that item and then dragging a picture or icon of your choice over the clipped website preview you see in the top right corner of the item."

I have gone to google and looked for icon that I want. I then click on the "edit" button at the bottom of the 1Password page and I then drag the icon from google to 1Password preview. Nothing is copied.

I have looked through the documentation and posts and have not found any information on this.

Anyone have any idea why I am not able to drag and drop?

Thanks

Robert

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Robert

are you trying to drag the new icon onto the center column in the shelf mode this will not work. Just making sure here...

If you enter edit mode if you drag an icon over the file marker as in my screen shot it should take. You will see a green plus appear when dragging over the area then release the image/icon. What is the icon saved as ? Try saving the icon to the desktop then to 1P thats how I do mine.
  • rpm4fsu
    rpm4fsu Junior Member
    Thanks, your suggestions did the trick.

Robert
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    Glad to hear it.
  • Personally I like the globe+icon look, but some of my sites are not picking it up. How can I edit the globe pic so it has the "globe+icon" look for each site I go to?

for example, Netflix has the globe with the red N logo for netflix on it. When I go to my Xbox 360 live account, it's just the globe, no Xbox360 logo. It looks like it is grabbing the icon that goes in the URL bar and puts it with the globe, so if it's not automatically doing it for a site, how can I manually force it to work?
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Preferences > Logins > Login Previews > "Download missing previews"