This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Logging in across multiple web browser pages?

Bernd B.
edited September 2010 in Mac
Several of my bank accounts require me to provide some account information on one web page and then - if entered correctly - move to the next web page, where I am required to perform an additional action,

ranging from typing a simple Carriage Return, clicking a button or typing additional security information.

I have already read the tutorial, How to create multi-page Logins, but the Save to 1Password button shows up only for the first page.

How can I make 1Password deal with these dialogs across multiple web pages if the Save button does not appear?

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited September 2010
    [quote name='Bernd B.' timestamp='1283420694' post='10352']

Several of my bank accounts require me to provide some account information on one web page and then - if entered correctly - move to the next web page, where I am required to perform an additional action,

ranging from typing a simple Carriage Return, clicking a button or typing additional security information.

I have already read the tutorial, How to create multi-page Logins, but the Save to 1Password button shows up only for the first page.

How can I make 1Password deal with these dialogs across multiple web pages if the Save button does not appear?

[/quote]

Hi Bernd,

Sorry about the confusion. We will update the documentations to reflect the fact that 1Password may not prompt the auto-save dialog all the time.

You'll need to save the login manually on the second page, to do this:

[list=1][*] Enter your username and password (or just the password depending on what's on the second page), but DO NOT submit the form.[*] Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.[*] Set the Action field to Create New Login[*] Click the Save button.[/list]