This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Strange Tabs UI issue in Safari [Resolved]

After installing the latest version of 1Password on my Mac Pro running 10.6.4 and Safari 5.0.1, I've noticed a strange UI issue. With the 1Password extension enabled, the tabs appear a bit "messed up" for lack of a better word. The included tiff shows it better than I can describe. This UI issue only happens when 1Password is enabled in Safari and goes away when it is disabled. And it doesn't happen when I use the "Command-T" shortcut to open up a new tab. But I right-click on a menu-bar bookmark and click open new tab, then the tab looks messed up. Clicking on that new tab fixes the issue, until I right-click on another link to open a new tab. Quite annoying. Anyone run across this before or have a solution?

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited September 2010
    [quote name='archangel40' timestamp='1283446011' post='10367']

After installing the latest version of 1Password on my Mac Pro running 10.6.4 and Safari 5.0.1, I've noticed a strange UI issue. With the 1Password extension enabled, the tabs appear a bit "messed up" for lack of a better word. The included tiff shows it better than I can describe. This UI issue only happens when 1Password is enabled in Safari and goes away when it is disabled. And it doesn't happen when I use the "Command-T" shortcut to open up a new tab. But I right-click on a menu-bar bookmark and click open new tab, then the tab looks messed up. Clicking on that new tab fixes the issue, until I right-click on another link to open a new tab. Quite annoying. Anyone run across this before or have a solution?

[/quote]

Hi,

That is strange, we haven't seen any reports of the tabs being messed up like that. The extension doesn't deal with the tabs, so that's the puzzling part. Have you try to enable 1Password but disable the other extensions and see if that fix the issue?
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    Try this thread and see if it applies

http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/446-problems-with-safari-tabs/page__p__3259__hl__%2Bsafari+%2Btabs__fromsearch__1#entry3259

There is a thread that is linked to in this post but its broken sorry but looks like it may give you a place to start.

If memory serves me correctly it was in relation to a logitech mouse, sound familiar maybe ?
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Good catch, Tommy.

@archangel40

[list=1][*]- Quit Safari[*]- Remove /Library/ScriptingAddons/LCC Scroll Enhancer Loader.osax[*]- Start Safari[/list]
  • [quote name='MikeT' timestamp='1283552480' post='10497']

Good catch, Tommy.

@archangel40

[list=1][*]- Quit Safari[*]- Remove /Library/ScriptingAddons/LCC Scroll Enhancer Loader.osax[*]- Start Safari[/list]

[/quote]

Beautiful, that did it. This is why I love forums. Thanks to the both of you!
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    [quote name='archangel40' timestamp='1283919195' post='10678']

Beautiful, that did it. This is why I love forums. Thanks to the both of you!

[/quote]

Thanks for the update! I'm glad we were able to find the cause for you.