This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1PasswordAnywhere and 1Password

Digging around the web site I found that 1Password has a clipboard security setting. I'm assuming this clears the clipboard after the specified number of seconds.

Also from the web site on how to use 1PasswordAnyhwere I found "You can open your data file in a modern browser, enter your Master Password, view any type of data, and copy it to the clipboard for pasting elsewhere."

Now I plan to use 1Password at home on my Macs and 1PasswordAnywhere at work where I'm forced to use Windows. My question is when copying data from 1PasswordAnywhere to another application is the clipboard security setting from 1Password used (perhaps stored in the data file). Or is there a way to setup clipboard security in 1PasswordAnywhere?

Thanks.

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    [quote name='Beldin' timestamp='1283457710' post='10379']

Digging around the web site I found that 1Password has a clipboard security setting. I'm assuming this clears the clipboard after the specified number of seconds.

Also from the web site on how to use 1PasswordAnyhwere I found "You can open your data file in a modern browser, enter your Master Password, view any type of data, and copy it to the clipboard for pasting elsewhere."

Now I plan to use 1Password at home on my Macs and 1PasswordAnywhere at work where I'm forced to use Windows. My question is when copying data from 1PasswordAnywhere to another application is the clipboard security setting from 1Password used (perhaps stored in the data file). Or is there a way to setup clipboard security in 1PasswordAnywhere?

Thanks.

[/quote]

Hi,

Good question, the clipboard security feature is stored in the preferences file for 1Password and not in the data file. At this moment, we do no have the ability to auto-clear the clipboard via 1PasswordAnywhere. Most of the browsers forbid us from managing the user's clipboard for security reasons. We are looking into finding something else but at this moment, there's no auto-clear feature via 1PasswordAnywhere.