This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Problems with syncing 1password

Downloaded the windows beta because it seemed like the easiest way to get my 1password data from my iPhone to my Android phone. Used Dropbox to sync from iPhone to Windows (no problems there). However, when syncing from Windows to Android, anything that came from my iPhone didn't sync to Android. If I deleted the file (in Windows), then made a new one, that would sync to Android fine. Suffice it to say this is a lot of work to "change" these things and hopefully will be fixed for any paid versions in the future!

Comments

• It sounds like the problem might be with the 1Password app on the iPhone, so I hope you won't mind my moving this thread to that forum.
  • [quote name='DBrown' timestamp='1283718015' post='10591']

It sounds like the problem might be with the 1Password app on the iPhone, so I hope you won't mind my moving this thread to that forum.

[/quote]

I'm not a programmer at all, but to be honest, I really couldn't tell where the problem was (i.e. with the iPhone, the Windows Beta, or Android). As I mentioned, the data synced fine from iPhone to Windows. But it didn't sync from Windows to Android.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    [quote name='phantomglare' timestamp='1283832890' post='10633']

I'm not a programmer at all, but to be honest, I really couldn't tell where the problem was (i.e. with the iPhone, the Windows Beta, or Android). As I mentioned, the data synced fine from iPhone to Windows. But it didn't sync from Windows to Android.

[/quote]

Sorry to keep bumping you around, but this sounds like an Android issue then. Have you tried the latest version? It is constantly being updated.
  • Hi everybody and welcome to the 1P for Android forum,

The issue have already been reported and investigated.

Please refer to http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/1893-getting-my-itouch-date-onto-my-droid/ for more information.

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[quote name='khad' timestamp='1285115798' post='11756']

Sorry to keep bumping you around, but this sounds like an Android issue then. Have you tried the latest version? It is constantly being updated.

[/quote]
  • [quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1285195340' post='11822']

Hi everybody and welcome to the 1P for Android forum,

The issue have already been reported and investigated.

Please refer to http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/1893-getting-my-itouch-date-onto-my-droid/ for more information.

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[/quote]

I ended up doing what had been suggested in that post (i.e. "editing" all the files on PC so it would sync with the Android version) long before I had posted my concern on this forum. No offense, but it's a pretty lousy work around, especially for people who have LOTS of files to edit. My hope would be that once the Android version is out of beta (i.e. something that I've paid money for) that work-arounds like that are no longer necessary.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited September 2010
    Hi phantomglare,

I absolutely agree with you: that is a real drag to open/update each and every item on your computer

but please consider the need for item updates only as a temporary measure !

Agile Chief Architect assured me that the issue has already been addressed

in Beta iOS version, once it is moved to the Production Release it won't be a problem anymore:

iOS->Mac/PC->Android sync layout will be perfectly supported.

(I think I mentioned that in my previous postings)

I am really sorry for the inconvenience and recommend you to stay tuned for the updates.

Best Regards,

Gene

[quote name='phantomglare' timestamp='1285561437' post='12082']

I ended up doing what had been suggested in that post (i.e. "editing" all the files on PC so it would sync with the Android version) long before I had posted my concern on this forum. No offense, but it's a pretty lousy work around, especially for people who have LOTS of files to edit. My hope would be that once the Android version is out of beta (i.e. something that I've paid money for) that work-arounds like that are no longer necessary.

[/quote]