This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Logins Metadata Is Gone on Mac!

Teaman
Teaman Junior Member
<div class="IPBDescription">After using DropBox to sync with Windows 1PW beta</div>I have used 1PW on my Mac for years. I'm up to date at ver. 3.3.0 (build 30700).

I first moved my agilekeychain to DropBox folder and after sync to DB it showed up in the root folder in my DB account.

I later downloaded and started using the Windows 1PW beta at work.

I later followed the directions for using DB sync as posted by some experienced user here on the forum. It didn't work, reporting an error when I tried to use the DB keychain, complaining about something wrong on the Mac side.

I then got home and opened 1PW and all seemed ok. I looked up the official directions on how to sync using DB and they were different instructions. I followed them and then it all seemed to work ok. (I remoted in to work and did the Win sync do DB)

Now after a few days I find my login metadata for all my logins is empty!! The strength of the password in use indicator is there indicating the strength of the passwords for each Login record but there's no username or password! If I go into Edit mode there are no fields at all! They are all gone!

I was told by Support to login to my DB account and open my AgileKeyChain folder and then open the .html file there. I do that and I immediately get errors, decryption failure errors on every click. It appears it is a Javascript decryption error.

Support also said to restore from my 1PW backups but that will put them into DB folder. Right now I think my DB folder on DB server is corrupted.

I think the best thing is to wipe down the DB 1PW stuff (folders/files) and start over but I'm not sure how to do that. I would guess I'd wipe off all 1PW files, then do a restore from backup to my local DB folder a previous keychain file. Let it sync to DB?

I need advice here. I' stuck with a useless 1PW db.