This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Unable to download website previews/icons

esopher
edited September 2010 in Mac
I recently noticed that new website logins don't have previews/icons. In attempting to troubleshoot, I looked in Preferences and verified that "Automatically download icons and previews for new Logins" is checked. While there I clicked "Remove all previews..." and "Download missing previews". The only thing that happened was all the previews disappeared, but they were not then recreated. Now all previews and icons are gone and I don't seem to be able to download replacements.

If I edit a login entry and right click on the paperclip preview area and choose, "Download Preview", nothing happens. The little activity window in the lower left is always empty. I vaguely recall that it used to show a status when downloading (but I could be mistaken).

I can drag and drop images onto the preview area, but it doesn't want to download previews either when I tell it to or when creating/saving new logins.

I'm tempted to locate and trash a plist file, but before I do that, I'll wait a day or two to see if anyone has any other ideas. I have 1Password version 3.3.1 (build 30709).

Thanks

Comments

• [quote name='esopher' timestamp='1283884971' post='10655']

I recently noticed that new website logins don't have previews/icons. In attempting to troubleshoot, I looked in Preferences and verified that "Automatically download icons and previews for new Logins" is checked. While there I clicked "Remove all previews..." and "Download missing previews". The only thing that happened was all the previews disappeared, but they were not then recreated. Now all previews and icons are gone and I don't seem to be able to download replacements.

If I edit a login entry and right click on the paperclip preview area and choose, "Download Preview", nothing happens. The little activity window in the lower left is always empty. I vaguely recall that it used to show a status when downloading (but I could be mistaken).

I can drag and drop images onto the preview area, but it doesn't want to download previews either when I tell it to or when creating/saving new logins.

I'm tempted to locate and trash a plist file, but before I do that, I'll wait a day or two to see if anyone has any other ideas. I have 1Password version 3.3.1 (build 30709).

Thanks

[/quote]

Having the same problem while evaluating version 3.4.2 (build 30750). I downloaded it yesterday, put in five entries, and the previews/icons will not load. I let it run overnight to see if it was just a slower process, but still nothing.

Still on the fence with a purchase; also is there a manual or a readme that explains the tags/notes/attachments/display/submit options, and why I might or might not want to change them?