This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1P password login of a Disk Image?

jman995x
jman995x Junior Member
I have a Disk Image on my MacBook that is password protected, and I have the password stored in 1P.

However, I can't seem to find a way to have 1P enter the password when I'm prompted (by my computer) for the password.

I tried putting a breadcrumb trail (/User/Me/FileName) in the URL window of the item in question, but when I click on the > button I get the following error message:

"Failed to Go & Fill"

"Failed to launch browser for url: /Users/Me/FileName"

Is there a way to have 1P login autofill passwords when prompted by your computer?

Thanks,

jman995x

Comments

• [quote name='jman995x' timestamp='1284085668' post='10794']

I have a Disk Image on my MacBook that is password protected, and I have the password stored in 1P.

However, I can't seem to find a way to have 1P enter the password when I'm prompted (by my computer) for the password.

I tried putting a breadcrumb trail (/User/Me/FileName) in the URL window of the item in question, but when I click on the > button I get the following error message:

"Failed to Go & Fill"

"Failed to launch browser for url: /Users/Me/FileName"

Is there a way to have 1P login autofill passwords when prompted by your computer?

Thanks,

jman995x

[/quote]

Hi jman995x,

I'm sorry for any confusion here, 1Password only interacts with your web browsers for filling forms online. The Mac OS X keychain is the lingua franca for where OS X itself and other applications save login / password information, such as your disk image passwords.

We don't want to replace this functionality. We want 1Password to be the lingua franca for how users interact with forms on the internet. You can store a record of your disk image passwords, but you would need to copy and paste the passwords manually.

In the future we may add 1Password integration to our recently acquired Knox application (http://agile.ws/knox) which provides a fantastic interface for creating and managing secure disk images, however I don't have a timeframe for exactly when this will be available.

Sorry I don't have a better solution for you right now,