This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1P enters old verification number

zamboknee
zamboknee Junior Member
Why does 1Password enter my OLD verification number when I put in my credit card info? I had an old card number for my Visa check card and have since gotten a new verification number but 1Password still puts in my old number even though I've since changed it to the new number.

I don't have the old card's info anywhere in 1Password so what gives?

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Does this happen when you select the Credit Card from 1Password menu? Or you have a Login saved for this particular website?
  • zamboknee
    zamboknee Junior Member
    [quote name='roustem' timestamp='1284316654' post='10962']

Does this happen when you select the Credit Card from 1Password menu? Or you have a Login saved for this particular website?

[/quote]

....must not have turned on notification on this thread....

Anyway, This happens when selecting Credit Card from 1Password menu?
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Pleas try clearing your cache. Help > Troubleshooting > Clear Cache
  • zamboknee
    zamboknee Junior Member
    [quote name='khad' timestamp='1285116185' post='11757']

Pleas try clearing your cache. Help > Troubleshooting > Clear Cache

[/quote]

That didn't help.
  • khad
    Hm. That should fix it.

You might also try duplicating the entry and deleting the original. Please let me know how it turns out.
  • jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg Agile Customer Care
    [quote name='zamboknee' timestamp='1285680307' post='12239']

[Clearing the cache] didn't help.

[/quote]

Hi Zamboknee!

I've seen this kind of thing once before and am trying to keep track of the cases to help better understand this. Can you tell me whether you are the same person who reported this to support@agile.ws on September 9 or whether this is a different case.

Also if anyone else is experiencing this sort of thing, please post to this thread. I'm aware of two cases (possibly three if you aren't the same person who emailed us a few weeks back), but I am completely and utterly perplexed by this thing and have been for a while.

The other case is actually me. Bits of an address get filled in with one of my Identities that was changed a very long time ago. In my case, it isn't as troublesome as in yours because the address is always visible so I can edit the error.

Until I saw that support query a few weeks ago, I thought I was the only one.

I think I have some fresh ideas about this. But in the meantime, please try what Khad proposed. Create a new Credit Card item in your Wallet and delete the old one. Let us know how this goes.

Cheers,

-j
  • jpgoldberg
    Hi,

I'm happy to report that we have a much better understanding of this problem now and have a work-around that should fix this for you.

Go to the credit card in 1Password and click Edit. Select the verification number field to edit. Then use command-A ( ⌘A) to do a "Select All" in that field. Now give it your new verification number.

Your old number was hidden inside that field (we are working on preventing that from happening in the future), but was hidden from view. The Select All when you replace that field will make sure that the hidden part is also replaced.

Please let us know if this does the trick for you.

Cheers,

-j
  • zamboknee
    zamboknee Junior Member
    edited September 2010
    [quote name='jpgoldberg' timestamp='1285863566' post='12383']

Hi,

I'm happy to report that we have a much better understanding of this problem now and have a work-around that should fix this for you.

Go to the credit card in 1Password and click Edit. Select the verification number field to edit. Then use command-A ( ⌘A) to do a "Select All" in that field. Now give it your new verification number.

Your old number was hidden inside that field (we are working on preventing that from happening in the future), but was hidden from view. The Select All when you replace that field will make sure that the hidden part is also replaced.

Please let us know if this does the trick for you.

Cheers,

-j

[/quote]

Great, I'll give it a shot! Thanks so much.

PS. I just 'Select All' inside the field, copied and then pasted and it only had the 1 verification number. Just thought I'd pass that along.
  • khad
    It sounds like the "hidden double verification number" was not the case with your item, zamboknee. I am assuming the problem is gone when recreating the item, but I just want to follow up. Let me know. Thanks!
  • zamboknee
    zamboknee Junior Member
    [quote name='khad' timestamp='1285884074' post='12429']

It sounds like the "hidden double verification number" was not the case with your item, zamboknee. I am assuming the problem is gone when recreating the item, but I just want to follow up. Let me know. Thanks!

[/quote]

sorry for delay. I made a copy, All-selected everything in the Verification number field and deleted, yet nothing helps.
  • jpgoldberg
    [quote name='zamboknee' timestamp='1286929564' post='13139']

sorry for delay. I made a copy, All-selected everything in the Verification number field and deleted, yet nothing helps.

[/quote]

Thanks for giving that a try, Zamboknee. I thought that that would work (it worked in my case).

Can I ask you to send us a copy of this item (modifying your data of course) to us at support@agile.ws?

[list=1]

[*] Change your credit card number to something not real, (say 1234 5678 9012 3456) and do the same for the verification number (123). If there is other information in there that you would rather us not see, please change that as well. But be sure to change the credit card number.

[*] Select the particular time

[*] [i]File > Export Selected > 1Password Interchange File ...[/i] and then export this somewhere

[*] That will create a folder with the extension .1pif. Please attach that .1pif folder into a mail message to support@agile.ws

[*] In your mail message, be sure to include a link to this discussion so that we can connect the dots.

[/list]

I think that this will help figure out what is happening (and how to fix it).

Thanks!

-j
  • zamboknee
    zamboknee Junior Member
    [quote name='jpgoldberg' timestamp='1287070906' post='13223']

Thanks for giving that a try, Zamboknee. I thought that that would work (it worked in my case).

Can I ask you to send us a copy of this item (modifying your data of course) to us at support@agile.ws?

[list=1]

[*] Change your credit card number to something not real, (say 1234 5678 9012 3456) and do the same for the verification number (123). If there is other information in there that you would rather us not see, please change that as well. But be sure to change the credit card number.

[*] Select the particular time

[*] [i]File > Export Selected > 1Password Interchange File ...[/i] and then export this somewhere

[*] That will create a folder with the extension .1pif. Please attach that .1pif folder into a mail message to support@agile.ws

[*] In your mail message, be sure to include a link to this discussion so that we can connect the dots.

[/list]

I think that this will help figure out what is happening (and how to fix it).

Thanks!

-j

[/quote]

Done. Thank you