This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Sync not loading data

First I really like 1password. I discovered your program for the first time on the Ipad. It works great. I have since installed the Windows version and last week after getting a new Droid X jumped on the opportunity to install it on my Droid. My Ipad and Windows both sync data back and forth using Dropbox but for some reason the Droid logs in, but it does not find any changes to the keys, so it successfully updates but grabs no data. The ws file is in the root dir of my Dropbox. I am stumped...any suggestions?

I sure appreciate your help.

Andy

Comments

• I have a similar problem. On my HTC Desire 1Password does not seem to sync properly 1Password database on Dropbox, since it does not add new entries made on my Mac.
  • A brief update. After messing around with it further when I save a new site on Windows it does sync with the Droid, but all of the sites that were saved on the Ipad and sync'd with Windows are not syncing. As a plan B is there a way to backup the data from the ipad version (I know I can create a backup file) and import that into the Droid version? If I could do that I think they would/should all be in sync. Hopefully that all makes sense.

Thanks for the help.

Andy
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited September 2010
    Hi Montanaflyer,

I am sorry to hear about your issues.

There were some compatibility issues between 1P for PC and 1P for Android in a past which were successfully resolved.

1P for Android syncs perfectly fine with both PC/Mac,however, syncing items made previously with iPad/iPhone-PC sync was not even tested.

I just got a new iPhone and will be testing this functionality for the next release, so thank you for reporting the problem.

In the meantime,please mail me a contents.js file from under 1Password.agilekeychain/data/detault folder to my support account [b]android-support@agile.ws[/b]

it may help a lot.

Also please send me two files from under 1Password.agilekeychain/data/detault with an extension .1password , one for the entry made on PC, another synced with iPhone/iPad.

In the meantime, you can copy through USB port 1Password.agilekeychain/data/detault folder under Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/data directory on your phone's SD card.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[quote name='Montanaflyer' timestamp='1284481636' post='11131']

A brief update. After messing around with it further when I save a new site on Windows it does sync with the Droid, but all of the sites that were saved on the Ipad and sync'd with Windows are not syncing. As a plan B is there a way to backup the data from the ipad version (I know I can create a backup file) and import that into the Droid version? If I could do that I think they would/should all be in sync. Hopefully that all makes sense.

Thanks for the help.

Andy

[/quote]
  • Hello,

I have the same problem as this. I have managed to sync from iPhone to Dropbox and in Windows it all looks fine but when I try and sync with Android it just says there's nothing there to download.

Any news on this ? As it's causing some major headaches!

Thank you,

Daniel
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited November 2010
    Hi Daniel,

First of all, which version of 1P4 iPhone do you have ?

1P for iPhone 3.5.3 Pro will address the issue with synchronization from iPhone->Mac/PC->Android.

Make sure you have this version on your iPhone (hope it is already available on the Markets).

I tested ver 3.5.3 (builds Sept 15 and Oct 26) thoroughly on my iPhone and it worked perfectly fine.

Notice that 1P4Android and 1P Anywhere retrieve the list of items from the contents.js file

located under <%YOUR_DATA_FILE_LOCATION_INSIDE_DROPBOX%>/1Password.agikekeychian/data/default.

Android app relies heavily on this file: only what is written in it, will be shown on the phone.

Latest versions of 1P4iOS update this file correctly, that is why all items are synch to the phone.

Best Regards,

Gene

[quote name='Daniel PG' timestamp='1289826856' post='15151']

Hello,

I have the same problem as this. I have managed to sync from iPhone to Dropbox and in Windows it all looks fine but when I try and sync with Android it just says there's nothing there to download.

Any news on this ? As it's causing some major headaches!

Thank you,

Daniel

[/quote]
  • I'm having this issue between 1Password for Android and 1Password for Windows using Dropbox.

It is only syncing newly created items and not the items I have saved in 1Password from before I installed the Android app yesterday.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited December 2010
    Hi theantichris,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for using 1P4A !

Hope you had a chance to read thoroughly all relevant postings on this forum.

Notice that items shown in 1P4A are all listed in the file contents.js located in

the <%DATA_FILE_LOCATION_ON_YOUR_PC_OR_MAC%>/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default

folder.Please open this file and examine how many items you have here:

the same items you will see on your Android phone.

If there is a discrepancy in number of items you see on your Android phone and on your computer,

your keychain (1P Data File ) may be corrupted (contents.js file is out of sync with the actual number of items)

and you need to rebuild it using "Rebuild Data File" option on your Mac/PC. (rebuilding makes all items written to context.js file).

Please let me know if this solutions works for you.

Best Regards,

Gene

Android developer

[quote name='theantichris' timestamp='1291822631' post='17167']

I'm having this issue between 1Password for Android and 1Password for Windows using Dropbox.

It is only syncing newly created items and not the items I have saved in 1Password from before I installed the Android app yesterday.

[/quote]
  • Is that the same as "Repair Keychain" under the File menu?

I have already searched the forums and found the references to rebuilding but the instructions say it is under Help > Troubleshooting. I have 1.0.1.146 and there is no Troubleshooting menu under help.
  • I WAS! having the same issues as theantichris. All of my items (logins, accounts, etc...) including new and updated items synced without problem to and from Mac/Win7 via Dropbox. However, only new items, created today, made it to Android. Furthermore on the Mac, when i open the keychain in Safari (via 1Password.agilekeychaing --> Show Contents ), it was showing the same thing as Android... only newly created items.

On Win7, i tried File --> Repair Keychain and it said my keychain is healthy and it doesn't need to be repaired.

On the Mac, i Rebuilt the Data File by going to Help --> Troubleshooting --> Rebuild Data File...

After Dropbox finished syncing, i opened the keychain via Safari and everything looked good.

On Android, I relinked 1P to dropbox, synced and... yippy, fixed!

hope this helps...

[quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1291830310' post='17173']

Hi theantichris,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for using 1P4A !

Hope you had a chance to read thoroughly all relevant postings on this forum.

Notice that items shown in 1P4A are all listed in the file contents.js located in

the <%DATA_FILE_LOCATION_ON_YOUR_PC_OR_MAC%>/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default

folder.Please open this file and examine how many items you have here:

the same items you will see on your Android phone.

If there is a discrepancy in number of items you see on your Android phone and on your computer,

your keychain (1P Data File ) may be corrupted (contents.js file is out of sync with the actual number of items)

and you need to rebuild it using "Rebuild Data File" option on your Mac/PC. (rebuilding makes all items written to context.js file).

Please let me know if this solutions works for you.

Best Regards,

Gene

Android developer

[/quote]
  • I believe using Repair Keychain under file in 1PW worked for me, it was either that or magic.
  • I was having the same problem as everyone else. I was able to sync from my iPhone to the dropbox, and all my entries showed up in 1PW for Windows, but when I tried to sync to my new Android phone, only got a single entry.

Based on the discussion here, I viewed the contents.js file and saw there was only a single entry.

Repair Keychain did nothing because 1PW said my keychain was healthy.

There is no Troubleshooting option (or Rebuild Data File option) on the Windows version.

However, I found my contents.js file and renamed it. THEN performed the sync on my android phone and it worked - rebuilt the contents.js file with ALL my entries. Hope this helps the next user with this problem! And thanks to everyone else who posted on this thread.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi Ramblin,

Thank you for the feedback !

I did thorough testing 1P 4 Win 1.0.0.122 , 1P for iPhone 3.5.3 Pro build Sep 15,10 in October and back then contents.js file was updated properly every time I synced my data from iPhone.

However, it looks like some functionality may be broken in later releases and contents.js file is going out of sync with the number of items in certain cases.

In such situations my recommendation is rebuilding a keychain, usually it solves the problem by rebuilding a context.js file, however,it seems to be not always working.

Deleting contents.js file (or renaming it ) will cause regenerating the file with correct number of items and , of course, next sync with the phone will update the file on the

device and make all items available.

I will discuss your findings with the 1P4Window development team, we will see what should be done in order to address the issue.

Thank you again for your workaround solution

Best regards,

Gene

[quote name='Ramblin' timestamp='1291860260' post='17219']

I was having the same problem as everyone else. I was able to sync from my iPhone to the dropbox, and all my entries showed up in 1PW for Windows, but when I tried to sync to my new Android phone, only got a single entry.

Based on the discussion here, I viewed the contents.js file and saw there was only a single entry.

Repair Keychain did nothing because 1PW said my keychain was healthy.

There is no Troubleshooting option (or Rebuild Data File option) on the Windows version.

However, I found my contents.js file and renamed it. THEN performed the sync on my android phone and it worked - rebuilt the contents.js file with ALL my entries. Hope this helps the next user with this problem! And thanks to everyone else who posted on this thread.

[/quote]
  • I just wanted to add my thanks, to all who figured this issue out. I had pretty much given up using the Droid version and now it is working! Thank You - very much!
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi Montanaflyer,

I am glad that you are using 1P4A again !

Please notice that 1P4A doesn't have any chance to control what is written/non-written to contents.js , it simply reads what is there and displays that.

Any discrepancies in this file will be reflected in the app.

Re-buiding the keychain should trigger the regeneration of the file but in some cases it doesn't happen somehow.

However, deleting the file will causes its regeneration with correct data.

Notice that the file is maintained by 1P4Win/Mac for the purpose of 1P4A and 1P Anywhwere.

That is why what you see on our computer is correct even if contents.js doesn't even exist at all.

Best regards,

Gene

[quote name='Montanaflyer' timestamp='1292023231' post='17335']

I just wanted to add my thanks, to all who figured this issue out. I had pretty much given up using the Droid version and now it is working! Thank You - very much!

[/quote]