This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Having problems with 1 Password - Help Please!

I downloaded the demo for 1Password and maybe that's the problem, but I can't get it to work. Is the demo version not fully functional? Or do I have to buy it before it will automatically log me into a site?

Question/Problem 1: When 1Password shows up when you navigate to a Login screen for a website, do you click the "Save" button (on the right side of browser bar) AFTER you have entered your username and site password AND clicked the login button for the website and are actually logged into your website? OR DO YOU click "Save" before you actually click the login button to log into the website?

Question/Problem 2: Once you have "Saved" your login information and the 1Password stuff disappears from the browser bar, shouldn't I be able to go to 1Password and see that login information listed under the "Logins" section of the "Vault?" Because I don't see anything there except the 'Logins' that I tried to create manually by clicking the + button and entering the website, username and password manually - which also didn't work to allow me to navigate to a website and be automatically logged in, either!

Not sure what's going on- I'm probably being an idiot; but it's getting pretty frustrating! This looks like a great program and I really want it to work for me, but it isn't so far! I don't want to blow a bunch of money on a program that I can't get to work right- no matter how useful it sounds. Sure hope someone from here can help me out to get things working! Boy do I miss being able to call up tech support and ask a question and talk through a solution!

Thanks to anyone that helps!

Nick

Comments

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop Junior Member
    edited September 2010
    [quote name='Nick Anderson' timestamp='1284438668' post='11104']

I downloaded the demo for 1Password and maybe that's the problem, but I can't get it to work. Is the demo version not fully functional? Or do I have to buy it before it will automatically log me into a site?

[/quote]

Welcome to the forums and to 1PW! The demo is fully functional for 30 days. More info [url="http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/purchase.html"]here[/url].

Question/Problem 1: When 1Password shows up when you navigate to a Login screen for a website, do you click the "Save" button (on the right side of browser bar) AFTER you have entered your username and site password AND clicked the login button for the website and are actually logged into your website? OR DO YOU click "Save" before you actually click the login button to log into the website?

[/quote]

It doesn't matter, either should work.

Question/Problem 2: Once you have "Saved" your login information and the 1Password stuff disappears from the browser bar, shouldn't I be able to go to 1Password and see that login information listed under the "Logins" section of the "Vault?" Because I don't see anything there except the 'Logins' that I tried to create manually by clicking the + button and entering the website, username and password manually - which also didn't work to allow me to navigate to a website and be automatically logged in, either!

[/quote]

Anything you save should appear in your vault.

Not sure what's going on- I'm probably being an idiot; but it's getting pretty frustrating! This looks like a great program and I really want it to work for me, but it isn't so far! I don't want to blow a bunch of money on a program that I can't get to work right- no matter how useful it sounds. Sure hope someone from here can help me out to get things working! Boy do I miss being able to call up tech support and ask a question and talk through a solution!

Thanks to anyone that helps!

Nick

[/quote]

1PW is a great program. Hopefully one of the support guys will chime in and help you with the second issue. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. Stick with it though, it will be worth the effort when you do get it to work.
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    edited September 2010

[/quote]

Welcome to the forum, Nick!

The demo version is fully functional. For 30 days it works the same as a paid version.

[/quote]

The Autosave prompt will appear after you enter username and password and click submit button. Ideally, you will see that the username/password were correct and then click "Save" button to create a new Login item for this combination.

Is it possible that you had an old Autosave prompt being displayed when you opened the login page? To get rid of the Autosave prompt you can press "Esc" key or click the (x) button.

[/quote]

Yes, the new Login should appear automatically in 1Password and other web browsers as the share the same data file. The way it currently works is 1Password monitors the data folder and reloads automatically whenever there is a new or updated item in it.

[/quote]

Please send us email to support@agile.ws and we'll do our best to help. You could also generate a diagnostics report (Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostic Report), it will help us to detect any possible issues.

Thank you!