This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

What about Skype & 1Password?

Macrina
edited September 2010 in Mac
I can't get 1P to autosave when I sign into Skype. ???

I'm probably doing something wrong, but can't figure out what that might be.

Anybody?

PS....I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, so sorry if it wrong.

Comments

• [quote name='Macrina' timestamp='1284536170' post='11199']

I can't get 1P to autosave when I sign into Skype. ???

I'm probably doing something wrong, but can't figure out what that might be.

Anybody?

PS....I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, so sorry if it wrong.

[/quote]

Hi Macrina,

This probably isn't the right place for the topic, so I can get it moved to the correct place for you, so others can see the answer. You didn't mention which OS you're using 1Password on, Mac, Windows, or iOS ?

The answer is very similar on all platforms though, 1Password only interacts with your web browsers for filling forms online.

If you're using 1Password for Mac, then the Mac OS X keychain is the lingua franca for Mac developers to have their applications store sensitive data such as usernames and passwords. We don't want to replace this functionality. We want 1Password to be the lingua franca for how users interact with forms on the internet.

You can store a record of your applications' usernames and passwords in 1Password, but you would need to copy and paste the passwords manually.

Hope that makes sense,
  • Thanks for your reply, Stu. OK, I understand now.

Here's the confusing part: I expected to be able to use it with Skype because 1P [i]arrived[/i] loaded with examples in the main page seen right after one

logs in @ the main portal. I'm referring to the examples which use the Wendy Appleseed name. As I'd seen it as an example, I thought I could expect to use it.

Sorry ~ I'm not one of your more technologically sophisticated users, but then this fact also puts me in a group of folk who [u]really[/u] need 1Password, in my opinion.

That's why I'm struggling along here, trying to learn. Thank you for your patience!

BTW, I'm running the most recent version of Safari on the latest Mac OSX on an iMac.