This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

sync select passwords across users

Is there a way to take logins from a certain folder or having a specified tag and share them with another 1password user? We use dropbox at work to maintain synchronized our documents for day to day operations. Is there a way to share a subset of 1password logins with a coworker? (I hope so)… and if this feature doesn't exist yet, are there any workarounds to approximate this?

thanks!

Comments

• [quote name='hesychast' timestamp='1284585293' post='11251']

Is there a way to take logins from a certain folder or having a specified tag and share them with another 1password user? We use dropbox at work to maintain synchronized our documents for day to day operations. Is there a way to share a subset of 1password logins with a coworker? (I hope so)… and if this feature doesn't exist yet, are there any workarounds to approximate this?

thanks!

[/quote]

Hi hesychast,

At the moment we don't have any form of 'Sharing' support within 1Password, although this is something we're looking into for the future. With that said, this would be a big change in how 1Password currently works and so we really can't give a timeframe for when and indeed if this functionality will come.

What you can do, though, is to export the selected logins using File > Export Selected and use the '1Password Interchange File' option, this can then be imported using the File > Import option and selecting '1Password Interchange File' from the 'Import Format' drop-down list. This export isn't encrypted at all, so please make sure it's securely trashed after the data is imported.

Sorry I don't have a more robust solution for you right now,