This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

getting my itouch date onto my Droid

I've been using 1password on my iTouch for a while and really like it. I'd like to have all my passwords (1password data) from my itouch onto my droid. I don't have 1password on a computer just on my itouch. Does anyone know how to get the data from my itouch?

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    [quote name='djgdroid' timestamp='1284596379' post='11257']

I've been using 1password on my iTouch for a while and really like it. I'd like to have all my passwords (1password data) from my itouch onto my droid. I don't have 1password on a computer just on my itouch. Does anyone know how to get the data from my itouch?

[/quote]

Hi djgdriod, welcome to the forums!

You can download the trial version of 1Password on our site, http://agile.ws/downloads and create the initial keychain to store your 1Password touch data into. Setup the Dropbox sync feature with 1Password by using this help guide: http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/cloud_syncing_with_dropbox.html

Once you synced it with Dropbox, you can now sync with your Droid using this keychain. You can uninstall 1Password on your desktop if you don't want to use it. I recommend you try it for 30 days and see if you like it. You can contact us at [email="support@agile.ws"]support@agile.ws[/email] if you have any questions of issues getting this set up.
  • [quote name='MikeT' timestamp='1284598312' post='11263']

Hi djgdriod, welcome to the forums!

You can download the trial version of 1Password on our site, http://agile.ws/downloads and create the initial keychain to store your 1Password touch data into. Setup the Dropbox sync feature with 1Password by using this help guide: http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/cloud_syncing_with_dropbox.html

Once you synced it with Dropbox, you can now sync with your Droid using this keychain. You can uninstall 1Password on your desktop if you don't want to use it. I recommend you try it for 30 days and see if you like it. You can contact us at [email="support@agile.ws"]support@agile.ws[/email] if you have any questions of issues getting this set up.

[/quote]

Thanks Mike for the feedback. I'm not sure I understand exactly what I need to do. I guess what you are saying is to download 1password onto my computer. Set 1password on my computer to create a new keychain and to sync the file in dropbox. Then setup 1password on my iTouch to sync with dropbox. I'm not thinking real clear tonight so maybe I'll try it tomorrow when I'm more alert. If you don't mind, let me know if what I wrote is what you were suggesting. Thanks again.
  • Hi djgdroid,

First of all, thank you for your interest in 1P for Android and welcome to the Forum !

1P for Android in its current version works as your secure data reader and let you see your private data on your Android phone.

I suggest you to install the Free version of 1P for Android from the Android Market (hope you have OS 2.1+ on your phone).

Once your application is installed, you will have two options : to have a 1P Data File (1Password.agilekeychain) locally or synchronize

your phone with 1P Data File stored in Dropbox.

Most users select the second option (providing they store their data files in Dropbox).

If you use the first option, you will need to copy 1Password.agilekeychain file through USB on your phone's SD card.

If you sync your phone with Dropbox (which is much more convenient) , you may provide your Dropbox Credentials and your

secure data will be copied to your phone and kept in sync with your PC/Mac.

Please let me know if I provided enough information for you to get started.

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[quote name='djgdroid' timestamp='1284609622' post='11269']

Thanks Mike for the feedback. I'm not sure I understand exactly what I need to do. I guess what you are saying is to download 1password onto my computer. Set 1password on my computer to create a new keychain and to sync the file in dropbox. Then setup 1password on my iTouch to sync with dropbox. I'm not thinking real clear tonight so maybe I'll try it tomorrow when I'm more alert. If you don't mind, let me know if what I wrote is what you were suggesting. Thanks again.

[/quote]
  • Ok, I'm almost there. I've downloaded 1password and dropbox on my itouch, windows 7 64bit laptop and my Droid Incredible with Android 2.2. I've sync'ed my itouch 1password with dropbox. The data is viewable on my laptop,,,so I can now see all my itouch 1password data. I can't seem to get things to work on my droid. I've can view the 1password data in my dropbox on my droid but I try to sync to dropbox and it fails. It gives me an Authentication failed.Status:0 Reason: NULL. Any thoughts?
  • Hi djgdroid,

I am glad that you are making progress with the app.

The message that you are getting says that your Dropbox credentials (username or password) are incorrect.

(when you first signed for Dropbox service you were given username and password to access your Dropbox).

Please provide correct Dropbox username and password and try again.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Gene

[quote name='djgdroid' timestamp='1284691228' post='11324']

Ok, I'm almost there. I've downloaded 1password and dropbox on my itouch, windows 7 64bit laptop and my Droid Incredible with Android 2.2. I've sync'ed my itouch 1password with dropbox. The data is viewable on my laptop,,,so I can now see all my itouch 1password data. I can't seem to get things to work on my droid. I've can view the 1password data in my dropbox on my droid but I try to sync to dropbox and it fails. It gives me an Authentication failed.Status:0 Reason: NULL. Any thoughts?

[/quote]
  • Thanks Gene,

I'm sure I was using the same user name and password last night but apearently not. Anyhow, I can bring up 1password now on my droid!!! The only problem is that the data has only 2 entries. Both of the entries were passwords that 1password asked me if I wanted them saved when I logged onto each website from my computer. My computer 1password shows 86 entries. I'm sorry this is dragging out so long, but 1password is an excellent program and I'd just really like to get it syncing with dropbox and working on my droid. Any suggestions now?

[quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1284733244' post='11353']

Hi djgdroid,

I am glad that you are making progress with the app.

The message that you are getting says that your Dropbox credentials (username or password) are incorrect.

(when you first signed for Dropbox service you were given username and password to access your Dropbox).

Please provide correct Dropbox username and password and try again.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Gene

[/quote]
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited September 2010
    Hi djgdroid,

I am glad that you like Agile products, it is always a pleasure to hear that.

I understand that you can see on your Android only items which you created on your PC (just 2 items)

and cannot see the items which were created on your iPhone and synced with your PC (86 entries).

That was a tough case for me because I didn't have iPhone to test this layout (iPhone=>Mac/PC=>Android).

I just bought an iPod couple of days ago and now enjoy syncing it with my Mac and Mac with my Nexus 1.

I also don't see items on Android which were created on iPhone (even though I see them perfectly fine on Mac).

The reason is that iPhone doesn't update a contents.js file after sync (located under 1Password.agikeleychain/data/default)

and this file is critical for Android to display the data.(this file is not used for data display on Mac/PC,therefore it is not an issue here).

I just spoke with Agile Chief Architect: the required functionality is already implemented in 1P for iPhone Beta and will be available in a future release.

So... how to address the issue now ?

Here is a solution:

Open every item on 1P for Mac which you don't see on Android and Edit it (click Edit button) even without making changes.

Once you do that, sync Mac/PC with Android and you will see the items on you phone.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Best Regards,

Gene

[quote name='djgdroid' timestamp='1284746967' post='11372']

Thanks Gene,

I'm sure I was using the same user name and password last night but apearently not. Anyhow, I can bring up 1password now on my droid!!! The only problem is that the data has only 2 entries. Both of the entries were passwords that 1password asked me if I wanted them saved when I logged onto each website from my computer. My computer 1password shows 86 entries. I'm sorry this is dragging out so long, but 1password is an excellent program and I'd just really like to get it syncing with dropbox and working on my droid. Any suggestions now?

[/quote]
  • Gene,

Thanks for looking into this so hard. I went into my iTouch and opened 1p, went into one of my logins that aren't showing on my Droid and clicked on the edit, then sync 1p on my itouch. After that I open 1p on my android and sync it. It says its synced but when it asks me for my password (i know I am entering it correctly) the screen slides to the left and brings up the enter password again and again. I go to the home page on my droid and reopen 1p and it still only list 2 logins. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Dave

[quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1284859877' post='11462']

Hi djgdroid,

I am glad that you like Agile products, it is always a pleasure to hear that.

I understand that you can see on your Android only items which you created on your PC (just 2 items)

and cannot see the items which were created on your iPhone and synced with your PC (86 entries).

That was a tough case for me because I didn't have iPhone to test this layout (iPhone=>Mac/PC=>Android).

I just bought an iPod couple of days ago and now enjoy syncing it with my Mac and Mac with my Nexus 1.

I also don't see items on Android which were created on iPhone (even though I see them perfectly fine on Mac).

The reason is that iPhone doesn't update a contents.js file after sync (located under 1Password.agikeleychain/data/default)

and this file is critical for Android to display the data.(this file is not used for data display on Mac/PC,therefore it is not an issue here).

I just spoke with Agile Chief Architect: the required functionality is already implemented in 1P for iPhone Beta and will be available in a future release.

So... how to address the issue now ?

Here is a solution:

Open every item on 1P for Mac which you don't see on Android and Edit it (click Edit button) even without making changes.

Once you do that, sync Mac/PC with Android and you will see the items on you phone.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Best Regards,

Gene

[/quote]
  • Hi djgdroid,

You need to edit an item on your Mac/PC, not on your iPhod Touch, it should be done after your sync iPod with your computer.

Once item is edited on Mac/PC, the entry will be written to contents.js file and your Droid phone will see it after you sync your computer with Android.

Please let me know if it helps.

Gene

[quote name='djgdroid' timestamp='1284954820' post='11551']

Gene,

Thanks for looking into this so hard. I went into my iTouch and opened 1p, went into one of my logins that aren't showing on my Droid and clicked on the edit, then sync 1p on my itouch. After that I open 1p on my android and sync it. It says its synced but when it asks me for my password (i know I am entering it correctly) the screen slides to the left and brings up the enter password again and again. I go to the home page on my droid and reopen 1p and it still only list 2 logins. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Dave

[/quote]
  • djgdroid
    edited December 2010
    Mike or Gene,

I got frustrated trying to sync my iTouch 1Password.agilekeychain file with dropbox but I've got to get this figured out. Please help me and I will do all I can to do exactly what you say.

I have all my passwords on my iTouch but I have also installed [b]1password and dropbox[/b] on my windows 7 64 bit computer and my Droid Incredible (android phone). I know my iTouch syncs with dropbox because I just added a file into dropbox from my iTouch and it shows up on my Droid dropbox. I think if I can get my iTouch to save the 1Password.agilekeychain file into dropbox everything would work. I have created a 1password folder in dropbox but when I go to sync (on my iTouch in 1password) and choose Dropbox, 'Sync Now' it begins to sync but comes back with '[u]Dropbox sync failed to download remote encryption keys. Make sue Dropbox is fully synced on your desktop[/u]'. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've notice that window 7 has Dropbox named My Dropbox , does that cause a problem not being called Dropbox? I also noticed that I have a .ws.agile.1Password.settings within My Dropbox but it is a few month old. That file is in the root of My Dropbox, not in the 1password folder. I'm thinking that the .ws.agile.1Password.settings file was created from my desktop when I installed dropbox.

Also, if I go to settings in 1password on my iTouch I can backup my database and the file saves on my computer in C > Users > djg > Downloads > 1Password0100-20101217.1ptbackup
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi djgdroid,

Sorry to hear about your issues.

First of all, there is no need to create any folders inside of your Dropbox.

All folders will be created by the application.

Please open .ws.agile.1Password.settings file in the notepad and review it.

This tiny file shows the place inside of your Dropbox where your 1P data file resides.

For ex, on my Mac this file has just one line : "1PasswordSync/1Password.agilekeychain", it means that

my data file is located in the 1PasswordSync folder inside of my Dropbox.

Make sure the entry in this file is consistent with the place where your data file is located.

Next try to create some item on your PC , make sure you see it perfectly fine in your application and next

sync your Droid phone with your PC providing valid Dropbox credentials.

Make sure this part works and you see the item you just created.

Then, try to sync your iTouch with your computer.Ensure that the process completed OK and you see all your

items from iTouch on your PC.If there are issues at this stage, record the message you are getting and

let us know.

Mike and I will be waiting for the your feedback and will assist you further.

Also please write us what is written in your .ws.agile.1Password.settings file and where exactly your

1P data file (1Password.agilekeychain) resides.

Best regards,

Gene

[quote name='djgdroid' timestamp='1292646035' post='17795']

Mike or Gene,

I got frustrated trying to sync my iTouch 1Password.agilekeychain file with dropbox but I've got to get this figured out. Please help me and I will do all I can to do exactly what you say.

I have all my passwords on my iTouch but I have also installed [b]1password and dropbox[/b] on my windows 7 64 bit computer and my Droid Incredible (android phone). I know my iTouch syncs with dropbox because I just added a file into dropbox from my iTouch and it shows up on my Droid dropbox. I think if I can get my iTouch to save the 1Password.agilekeychain file into dropbox everything would work. I have created a 1password folder in dropbox but when I go to sync (on my iTouch in 1password) and choose Dropbox, 'Sync Now' it begins to sync but comes back with '[u]Dropbox sync failed to download remote encryption keys. Make sue Dropbox is fully synced on your desktop[/u]'. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've notice that window 7 has Dropbox named My Dropbox , does that cause a problem not being called Dropbox? I also noticed that I have a .ws.agile.1Password.settings within My Dropbox but it is a few month old. That file is in the root of My Dropbox, not in the 1password folder. I'm thinking that the .ws.agile.1Password.settings file was created from my desktop when I installed dropbox.

Also, if I go to settings in 1password on my iTouch I can backup my database and the file saves on my computer in C > Users > djg > Downloads > 1Password0100-20101217.1ptbackup

[/quote]
  • Gene,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I was so late getting back but I've had water heater issues. I'm afraid that I may have duplicate copies of files all over my computer as I've tried to get my iTouch 1P to sync with dropbox. Maybe I should remove everything except files on my iTouch and start over?

[quote]Please open .ws.agile.1Password.settings file in the notepad and review it[/quote]

Anyhow, here is the content of the only copy of my .ws.agile.1Password.settings file I can find on my computer (this .ws.agile.1Password.settings file was in my 'E:\My Documents\My Dropbox'): 1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/1Password.agilekeychain

[quote]Make sure the entry in this file is consistent with the place where your data file is located.[/quote]

I do have an agilekeychain file in that folder it's pointing to but my config folder and data folder is in E:\My Documents\My Dropbox\1Password

Yes I can open dropbox on my pc and add a file to it and yes it does show up on my droid. The file also shows up in my dropbox on my iTouch

When I go into 1P on my iTouch and click on sync now, I get a message saying that your dropbox sync has begun and will continue in the background,, then that screen changes to 'Dropbox sync failed to download remote encryption keys. make sure Dropbox is fully synced on your desktop.

I'm really appreciate all the help you and mike have put on this. Let me know if I've messed everything up and should start over.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi djgdroid,

It seems to me that you have some issue with synchronization your iTouch with computer.

I am not sure what may be wrong, you configuration file looks OK to me.Also I see that you can

create an item on your PC and see it on your Android phone after syncing.Therefore, I don't see that

something may be wrong with computer/Android syncing part.

I suggest you to describe the issue in detail and post the topic on 1P4iOS forum,some of our customer support representatives will

review it and provide you with assistance in the next couple of days.

Best regards,

Gene