This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1P Anywhere problem on some PC's

howard687
howard687 Senior Member
<div class="IPBDescription">Entering master password results in "undefined error"</div>I perused a number of the 1P Anywhere posts and could not find one that seemed to replicate the experience I had. I was traveling in Europe for a number of weeks and, of course, carried my flash drive with the 1P Agile Keychain. All of the systems I had to use were PC's (basically hotel or internet cafe systems). On some of the systems, everything worked just as expected - i.e. as if I opened the html file on my home Mac. But on other systems, using both firefox and IE, after I entered the master password, I got a window with an error message along the lines of "undefined error". This seemed to be a message from 1P. I apologize for not having the detailed error message. I tried sending it to Agile systems during one of the occurrences but that failed. And since these were not my computers, I was limited in what I could do. I tried checking the preference settings for the browsers I tried, but did not see anything unusual. Nonetheless, there is a problem lurking out there.

Comments

• macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    [quote name='howard687' timestamp='1284656339' post='11301']

I perused a number of the 1P Anywhere posts and could not find one that seemed to replicate the experience I had. I was traveling in Europe for a number of weeks and, of course, carried my flash drive with the 1P Agile Keychain. All of the systems I had to use were PC's (basically hotel or internet cafe systems). On some of the systems, everything worked just as expected - i.e. as if I opened the html file on my home Mac. But on other systems, using both firefox and IE, after I entered the master password, I got a window with an error message along the lines of "undefined error". This seemed to be a message from 1P. I apologize for not having the detailed error message. I tried sending it to Agile systems during one of the occurrences but that failed. And since these were not my computers, I was limited in what I could do. I tried checking the preference settings for the browsers I tried, but did not see anything unusual. Nonetheless, there is a problem lurking out there.

[/quote]

Hi Howard, thanks for the information. I hope you had a good time traveling. I've been to Europe a couple of times, and just loved most of the places we visited.

Regarding 1PasswordAnywhere (1PA), you need to use it on either Firefox or Safari with a PC. The common error messange you receive when using a machine that doesn't meet requirements is that a key data file is missing. You can see the error message along with more information on troubleshooting 1PA issues [url="http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/1passwordanywhere_troubleshooting.html"]here[/url]. I hope that helps.
  • howard687
    howard687 Senior Member
    [quote name='macpug' timestamp='1284703802' post='11330']

Hi Howard, thanks for the information. I hope you had a good time traveling. I've been to Europe a couple of times, and just loved most of the places we visited.

Regarding 1PasswordAnywhere (1PA), you need to use it on either Firefox or Safari with a PC. The common error messange you receive when using a machine that doesn't meet requirements is that a key data file is missing. You can see the error message along with more information on troubleshooting 1PA issues [url="http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/1passwordanywhere_troubleshooting.html"]here[/url]. I hope that helps.

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I am absolutely sure that I did not get the message about a key data file is missing. in fact, I am sure that the error message I received referred to an "undefined error"; hence it was not possible to do any real troubleshooting. And I did experience this using Firefox.

howard
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    There is currently an issue with 1PasswordAnywhere in Internet Explorer 8. It should work fine in other browsers, though (e.g. Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome). We will address this in a future update, although I do not have a time frame for a specific release.

Please post a screenshot if you experience this outside of IE8.
  • Jaw3000
    Jaw3000 Junior Member
    [quote name='khad' timestamp='1285275246' post='11908']

There is currently an issue with 1PasswordAnywhere in Internet Explorer 8. It should work fine in other browsers, though (e.g. Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome). We will address this in a future update, although I do not have a time frame for a specific release.

Please post a screenshot if you experience this outside of IE8.

[/quote]

I have the same problem in Chrome on both OS X and Windows. Whenever I load it, I get the [i]"Problem loading 1Password data file. A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it."[/i] error message. I keep reading where Chrome should be supported for use with 1Password Anywhere, but it doesn't work and hasn't worked for some time. Is there anyway to completely rebuild the 1Password Anywhere files? Any ideas?
  • khad
    From our [url="http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/1passwordanywhere_troubleshooting.html"]Troubleshooting 1PasswordAnywhere Issues[/url] page:

[quote]If you are using Google Chrome you cannot use 1PasswordAnywhere in “local file mode”, i.e. you cannot use a local file URL like file:///Users/dave/1Password.agilekeychain/1Password.html. Accessing 1PasswordAnywhere in this way will fail because Chrome will prevent it from loading any of its files. This limitation is because Chrome prevents web applications from running in this way; see the [url="http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=40787"]Local files doesn’t load with Ajax[/url] bug report for details.

The easiest way to workaround this is to store your 1Password.agilekeychain file on a web server or service like Dropbox. If you need offline access to 1PasswordAnywhere you will need to use another browser or modify Chrome’s settings by adding the –allow-file-access-from-files command line option.[/quote]
  • Jaw3000
    Jaw3000 Junior Member
    [quote name='khad' timestamp='1285609518' post='12126']

From our [url="http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/1passwordanywhere_troubleshooting.html"]Troubleshooting 1PasswordAnywhere Issues[/url] page:

[/quote]

Thanks! I didn't realize Chrome made that change, so adding the command line prompt fixes things for offline access. You mention being able to run 1PasswordAnywhere online from Dropbox. How is this done? If I get the public sharing link from Dropbox for the 1Password.agilekeychain/1Password.html file, I get the pop-up error "A problem occurred while loading the encryption file." Presumably, Dropbox doesn't allow 1Password.html to link to the other files in the agilekeychain folder needed for 1PasswordAnywhere?
  • khad
    You must be logged into Dropbox and using 1PasswordAnywhere from the account which hosts your keychain. Shared links are not supported since 1Password requires the additional files in your keychain — the actual data — to function. It should work sharing the entire 1Password.agilekeychain folder but this is not supported.