This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Feature Request: FILL FROM (not GO & FILL)

NoisyDude
NoisyDude Junior Member
A feature that would be VERY useful is to provide a menu option where we can choose what credentials to use to fill the login information for a login screen.

Here is an example. I've been a Verizon FiOS customer for a few years and Verizon recently sold their FiOS division to Frontier. Frontier is migrating all the Verizon systems to theirs, which includes changing domain names. I want to have the possibility of telling 1P to fill-in the login data from my Verizon account. Then, have 1P offer to save this login information, since it is new. All this within the browser plugin.

Right now, I have to start 1P on my Mac, look for the Verizon entry, edit the entry so that I can see what the password is and then type this information on the browser screen.

Comments

• [quote name='NoisyDude' timestamp='1284924435' post='11511']

A feature that would be VERY useful is to provide a menu option where we can choose what credentials to use to fill the login information for a login screen.

Here is an example. I've been a Verizon FiOS customer for a few years and Verizon recently sold their FiOS division to Frontier. Frontier is migrating all the Verizon systems to theirs, which includes changing domain names. I want to have the possibility of telling 1P to fill-in the login data from my Verizon account. Then, have 1P offer to save this login information, since it is new. All this within the browser plugin.

Right now, I have to start 1P on my Mac, look for the Verizon entry, edit the entry so that I can see what the password is and then type this information on the browser screen.

[/quote]

Hi NoisyDude,

I can understand exactly where you're coming from, but we probably won't implement this into 1Password, and here's why...

With all the phishing attacks going on out there, where scammers clone a site and attempt to trick you into logging in with your account details for the real site, we want 1Password to actively prevent you from filling in your details on a site that isn't the one you saved the login for.

I realise that this means you currently need to copy and paste the details from 1Password, although this is easier than you'd think, just hover your mouse over the password and you'll see a 'Copy' button appear. However, in the future we're also looking to make it possible to associate more than one URL with a login item, which would solve problems like this.

Hope that makes sense,