This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

I think I screwed up 1Password

Ohhhhhhhh Noooooooooo!

I was trying to sync my dropbox and 1Password between my iMac and iPad. So I moved the 1Password data file to my dropbox. When I checked my dropbox folder, I see I have two keychain files (1Password.agilekeychain). Why? So okay, now I'm a little concerned. Then, when I tried to open 1Password on my iMac, it tells me my master password is incorrect — it wasn't — and I keep trying. Finally, I get a screen telling me I need to update my 1Password. Since I had nowhere else to go, I did. Now I apparently have a new copy of @#@#$%! 1Password on my iMac, but all my original 1Password files are nowhere to be found, though I can access them on my iPad using my original master password. What the heck did I do? How can I fix this? PLEASE help.

Comments

• mr_twister
    edited September 2010
    [quote name='kate21' timestamp='1285046416' post='11647']

Ohhhhhhhh Noooooooooo!

I was trying to sync my dropbox and 1Password between my iMac and iPad. So I moved the 1Password data file to my dropbox. When I checked my dropbox folder, I see I have two keychain files (1Password.agilekeychain). Why? So okay, now I'm a little concerned. Then, when I tried to open 1Password on my iMac, it tells me my master password is incorrect — it wasn't — and I keep trying. Finally, I get a screen telling me I need to update my 1Password. Since I had nowhere else to go, I did. Now I apparently have a new copy of @#@#$%! 1Password on my iMac, but all my original 1Password files are nowhere to be found, though I can access them on my iPad using my original master password. What the heck did I do? How can I fix this? PLEASE help.

[/quote]

You can restore your backup file.

http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/data_backup.html
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    mr_twister is spot on. Thanks for getting that one!

[code]File > Restore Data File from Backup…[/code]

The most recent ones are listed at the top of the list.