This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

50 Item limit?

I have 197 passwords plus other things in my licensed 1password on my laptop. When I sync only the last 50 passwords show up on my android. Is there a limit? Have I done something wrong. Is there a future fix?

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited September 2010
    Hi chirotor,

There is absolutely no limit on number of items you see on your Android phone.

However, items which you sync from iPhone/IPad to your laptop won't be synced to Android (the iPhone/iPad=>PC/Mac=>Android sync will be supported in one of the future releases of iPhone)

Please refer to http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/1764-problems-with-syncing-1password/ for more information.

However, if you edit any of your items on your laptop, they will become visible on Android too.

Please open contents.js file which can be located on your laptop at the <%YOUR_KEYCHAIN_LOCATION%>/1Password.agikekeychain/data/default folder and examine how many items

you have there: all these items will be visible on your Android after sync.

If there is a discrepancy between number of items in contents.js file and number of items you see in your 1P application ON YOUR LAPTOP, please refer to the 1P for Mac/PC forum for more information, our dedicated team of professionals will be glad to help you with this issue.

Please let me know if you need an additional info.

Thank you and best regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[quote name='chirotor' timestamp='1285216053' post='11833']

I have 197 passwords plus other things in my licensed 1password on my laptop. When I sync only the last 50 passwords show up on my android. Is there a limit? Have I done something wrong. Is there a future fix?

[/quote]
  • [quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1285266367' post='11883']

Hi chirotor,

There is absolutely no limit on number of items you see on your Android phone.

However, items which you sync from iPhone/IPad to your laptop won't be synced to Android (the iPhone/iPad=>PC/Mac=>Android sync will be supported in one of the future releases of iPhone)

Please refer to http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/1764-problems-with-syncing-1password/ for more information.

However, if you edit any of your items on your laptop, they will become visible on Android too.

Please open contents.js file which can be located on your laptop at the <%YOUR_KEYCHAIN_LOCATION%>/1Password.agikekeychain/data/default folder and examine how many items

you have there: all these items will be visible on your Android after sync.

If there is a discrepancy between number of items in contents.js file and number of items you see in your 1P application ON YOUR LAPTOP, please refer to the 1P for Mac/PC forum for more information, our dedicated team of professionals will be glad to help you with this issue.

Please let me know if you need an additional info.

Gene

Android Developer

[/quote]
  • Thank you for your reply. I am glad to know that there is not a limit. I am not using ipad. I entered my items on the windows 1P beta and synced through dropbox. What program should I use to open a .js file? I tried text editors but there is no way to determine the number of items in that folder using those types. Please advise.

Rick Lindwall
  • Hi Rick,

In order to read contents.js file on your PC you can use any text editor, for example Notepad or EditPad.

If you want to read this file on your phone, I recommend you to install Astro File Manager application (FREE)

which is available on Market (my favorite File Manager). Once you click on contents.js file you will be able to choose

a file viewer and examine the contents of this file.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Gene

[quote name='chirotor' timestamp='1285276398' post='11910']

Thank you for your reply. I am glad to know that there is not a limit. I am not using ipad. I entered my items on the windows 1P beta and synced through dropbox. What program should I use to open a .js file? I tried text editors but there is no way to determine the number of items in that folder using those types. Please advise.

Rick Lindwall

[/quote]