This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Birth Certificate Wallet Item

Gary Sumlak
Gary Sumlak Junior Member
edited September 2010 in Lounge
Is there a recommended way to enter Birth Certificate information? From the Wallet items available, there does not seem to be one that works.

Could this be an additional type added in a future update?

I have the following information on my Alberta Birth Certificate:

[list]

[*]Issuing Authority: i.e. Alberta Canada

[*]Full Name: (Last Name, First and Middle Name)

[*]DOB

[*]Place of Birth

[*]Registration Number

[*]Registration Date

[*]Sex

[*]Date Issued

[*]Certified Extract number

[/list]

Comments

• Maybe they're better standardized now, but mine has so little information on it as to be nearly useless. I suppose that's why it never occurred to me to add it to 1Password!

I tend to store information that I would need to store for later retrieval, but no one has ever asked for anything from my birth certificate. Occasionally, someone wants to see the physical document, but digital storage doesn't help in that case, unfortunately. I hope to see the day when I can just throw the old, tattered thing away!

I wonder if anyone else has a similar concern. Perhaps for the time being you could store that information as a secure note, maybe with a scan.
  • Quietwalker
    Quietwalker Junior Member
    edited November 2010
    Hello,

I've used the Wallet function to hold pdf copies of important documents -- like birth certs, driver's license, auto registration and insurance cards, living wills and medical powers of attorney. Usually a printed pdf is just like a photocopy in being accepted -- ie, it would be more often accepted than just the information, but not as readily accepted as a copy certified by the state agency. (As for your "throw the original away," I regret to advise you to be sure to bring the original certified copy if you come to Arizona.)
  • [quote name='Quietwalker' timestamp='1289092508' post='14683']

Hello,

I've used the Wallet function to hold pdf copies of important documents -- like birth certs, driver's license, auto registration and insurance cards, living wills and medical powers of attorney. Usually a printed pdf is just like a photocopy in being accepted -- ie, it would be more often accepted than just the information, but not as readily accepted as a copy certified by the state agency. (As for your "throw the original away," I regret to advise you to be sure to bring the original certified copy if you come to Arizona.)

[/quote]

Good to know; thanks for the info! Now that you mention it, I bet my all-in-one printer/scanner dealie will output to PDF...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.