This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Sept 29, 10 Announcement. 1.6.5 Beta version of 1Password for Android is available on Market

GeneY
GeneY AWS Team
edited September 2010 in Android
Dear 1P for Android users,

I just published a new Beta 1.6.5 version on Market today Sept 29,10 .

This release includes Autologin feature which many of you asked for.

The feature has been thoroughly tested on my Nexus 1 phone and works on all my 110 test web forms

(including all major North American and European banks and insurance companies).

Application autolock feature has also been implemented in addition to the manual lock.

New configuration options are added to the application preferences which make it more flexible for

any specific customer.

New fast selection and fast scrolling options were introduced in this release which make items browsing

much easier and faster especially for large data files.

There were some bug fixes and help file updates, so for more information I suggest you to read an application

help file which I update for every release.

Please download and install this release and let me know your suggestions and recommendations.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards,

Gene

Comments

• Auto log-in is very slow. 1Password's browser is very unconducive to web browsing. I assume there's no way to get it to work on one's preferred browser?
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited October 2010
    Hi Darish,

First of all, I thank you for your feedback.

Autologin feature has been tested on more than 100 testing pages and time delay required for the java script to find/fill all

entry fields was no more than 2 sec in every case on my Nexus 1.

The time differs depending on specific page, of course,(and on the phone CPU too),

script should browse each and every input field on it and find appropriate ones.

Notice the jscript speed execution in the browser is beyond our control at this time,

it is slower, of course than on computer and much slower than in the code.

For example, password decryption took 70 sec when I tested it in the browser with java script

and only about 1 sec when I did it in code.

I hope Android team will have some browser optimization in the future OS versions, so let's stay tuned for the OS updates.

In addition, Android Webview which 1P for Android uses for browsing is also far from being perfect,has many limitations,

hope it will be improved (enhanced) to work at least as Android Browser.

Best Regards,

Gene

Android developer

[quote name='darish' timestamp='1286684811' post='12976']

Auto log-in is very slow. 1Password's browser is very unconducive to web browsing. I assume there's no way to get it to work on one's preferred browser?

[/quote]