This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Master Password Won't Work after upgrade

I had 1Password on my Droid (also on my Mac - I paid for 1Password anywhere I think). Message came up to install update today. I updated. Now, it will not recognize my Master Password so I cannot get in to 1Password, can't change preferences, cannot do anything. It worked perfectly before. Is 1Password for Android different from what I had before? How can I get back my 1Password access on my Droid?

Comments

• Hi clinhart,

I am sorry to hear about your issues.

There were no changes to the login logic in this new version of 1P for Android, I tested this new release thoroughly on my Nexus 1 and

everything worked without a problem. I uninstalled my 1P4A minutes ago, installed the fresh copy from Market, entered my Dropbox credentials, did sync

and logged into the application without any problems.

Please do the following: delete 1P4A from your phone and install the new copy from Market. Next, select "Use Dropbox" from the Setup Screen, do fresh sync, launch the application and

enter you master password (notice that it is the same master password you use on your Mac, any time you change this password on Mac, it will be reflected on your phone after the next sync).

Please follow my advice and let me know how it goes.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[quote name='clinhart' timestamp='1285849441' post='12367']

I had 1Password on my Droid (also on my Mac - I paid for 1Password anywhere I think). Message came up to install update today. I updated. Now, it will not recognize my Master Password so I cannot get in to 1Password, can't change preferences, cannot do anything. It worked perfectly before. Is 1Password for Android different from what I had before? How can I get back my 1Password access on my Droid?

[/quote]
  • Before I uninstall and reinstall, I want to confirm what I am (should be) using on my Droid phone. I am using 1Password 3.5.0.Beta-a (build 30768) on my Macbook, paid single user license for 1Password 3. I backup to my dropbox/1password/1password.agilekeychain every day. Now I cannot access my 1Password app nor my 1Password via Dropbox on my Droid! Which product am I supposed to have on my Droid? 1Password Anywhere? 1Password for Android? Something else? I thought my paid license allowed for me to use 1Password Anywhere on my phone, as well as on my Macbook and online. Is 1Password 4 Android different? Is this the issue? Ever since I actually upgraded and PAID for a license, 1Password has not worked well at all. Please please help. Otherwise, I will have to find another product. And I truly would prefer to use 1Password. Thank you.

[quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1285856788' post='12375']

Hi clinhart,

I am sorry to hear about your issues.

There were no changes to the login logic in this new version of 1P for Android, I tested this new release thoroughly on my Nexus 1 and

everything worked without a problem. I uninstalled my 1P4A minutes ago, installed the fresh copy from Market, entered my Dropbox credentials, did sync

and logged into the application without any problems.

Please do the following: delete 1P4A from your phone and install the new copy from Market. Next, select "Use Dropbox" from the Setup Screen, do fresh sync, launch the application and

enter you master password (notice that it is the same master password you use on your Mac, any time you change this password on Mac, it will be reflected on your phone after the next sync).

Please follow my advice and let me know how it goes.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[/quote]
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited October 2010
    Hi clinhart,

On your Android phone you should have 1Password 4 Android which you can currently download from Android Market.

Please notice that this application is free in its current version (Beta 1.6.5) and does not require any license too be purchased.

The application has absolutely nothing to do with 1Password Anywhere which is a separate Agile

product and is cannot be installed on Android phone.

1P for Android will allow you to read your secure data on your phone and synchronize it with the 1P keychain if it is stored in your Dropbox.

The master password for your data file which you use on your Mac should also be used on your Android phone for login.

I'd like to refer you to the blog posting for more information

http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/2134-announcement-ios-winmac-to-android-dropbox-sync-testing-results-oct-310/, please read the posting

carefully and upgrade your Agile applications too the latest versions if possible.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or email me to android-support@agile.ws for the close follow-up.

Best Regards,

Gene

[quote name='clinhart' timestamp='1286203011' post='12644']

Before I uninstall and reinstall, I want to confirm what I am (should be) using on my Droid phone. I am using 1Password 3.5.0.Beta-a (build 30768) on my Macbook, paid single user license for 1Password 3. I backup to my dropbox/1password/1password.agilekeychain every day. Now I cannot access my 1Password app nor my 1Password via Dropbox on my Droid! Which product am I supposed to have on my Droid? 1Password Anywhere? 1Password for Android? Something else? I thought my paid license allowed for me to use 1Password Anywhere on my phone, as well as on my Macbook and online. Is 1Password 4 Android different? Is this the issue? Ever since I actually upgraded and PAID for a license, 1Password has not worked well at all. Please please help. Otherwise, I will have to find another product. And I truly would prefer to use 1Password. Thank you.

[/quote]
  • I uninstalled 1Password on my Droid and re-installed it from Market again. It now recognizes my Master Password, which I had never changed on my Mac or my Droid. I am just happy that it now works! Thank you.

[quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1286221690' post='12672']

Hi clinhart,

On your Android phone you should have 1Password 4 Android which you can currently download from Android Market.

Please notice that this application is free in its current version (Beta 1.6.5) and does not require any license too be purchased.

The application has absolutely nothing to do with 1Password Anywhere which is a separate Agile

product and is cannot be installed on Android phone.

1P for Android will allow you to read your secure data on your phone and synchronize it with the 1P keychain if it is stored in your Dropbox.

The master password for your data file which you use on your Mac should also be used on your Android phone for login.

I'd like to refer you to the blog posting for more information

http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/2134-announcement-ios-winmac-to-android-dropbox-sync-testing-results-oct-310/, please read the posting

carefully and upgrade your Agile applications too the latest versions if possible.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or email me to android-support@agile.ws for the close follow-up.

Best Regards,

Gene

[/quote]
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi clinhart,

I am glad you found a solution.

The problem you've reported will be fixed in the new 1P4Android release coming in the next couple of days,so please stay tuned for the updates.

Best Regards,

Gene

[quote name='clinhart' timestamp='1286915988' post='13130']

I uninstalled 1Password on my Droid and re-installed it from Market again. It now recognizes my Master Password, which I had never changed on my Mac or my Droid. I am just happy that it now works! Thank you.

[/quote]