This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Restore Data File from Backup

Did a search for this on the forum and in the support section of the website but found no information.

I have to reformat my MacBook Pro. Backed up my 1Password data on to and external drive and have now downloaded the trial version and cannot get the backup to restore. As there are many files and extensions, what file is the the restore looking for and where is it located in the backup folder?

Thank you

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited October 2010
    Welcome to the forums, Foy!

What software did you use to back up? You should be able to use its restore functionality. If you used the 1Password's built-in backup feature, the default location for backups is on your local hard drive. If you did not back up your entire hard drive, perhaps you only backed up your data file. If you are able to locate your [font="Courier New"]1Password.agilekeychain[/font] file, you can restore it with 1Password's Restore Data File from Backup feature by clicking the "Select Other…" button and selecting it on your external hard drive.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.