This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

SpashID vs 1Password

cricket1001
edited October 2010 in Mac
<div class="IPBDescription">Trying to decide if I should change from SplashID</div>I have used SplashID in Windows for a long time. I also used to use RoboForm for Windows. I switched over to using an iMac recently and am trying to figure out what password manager to use. (Just a side question. How do I change the font size in this message for me to see better. I changed the size in the scroll down box but nothing changed except the html for the size change was put at the beginning of what I highlighted and at the end of what I highlighted. But the size here in the box is still very small.)

Anyway, back to my original question. It seems to be very expensive to have to purchase 1Password for the Mac for $40, then also $20 for the ipad and iTouch, then another $20 for the Windows version. That is a lot of money. Why isn't there a package deal if you choose these versions. Why do you have to pay for everything separately? So when each version needs an upgrade you have to pay for each separately again? This is ridiculous.

Comments

• [quote name='cricket1001' timestamp='1286312176' post='12743']

[How do I change the font size in this message for me to see better.[?][/quote]

In Safari, I tap Command-+ (View > Zoom In) to temporarily increase the font size when it's uncomfortably small.
  • [quote name='cricket1001' timestamp='1286312176' post='12743']

Anyway, back to my original question. It seems to be very expensive to have to purchase 1Password for the Mac for $40, then also $20 for the ipad and iTouch, then another $20 for the Windows version. That is a lot of money. Why isn't there a package deal if you choose these versions. Why do you have to pay for everything separately? So when each version needs an upgrade you have to pay for each separately again? This is ridiculous.

[/quote]

Hi cricket1001,

First of all, welcome to the forums and thanks for considering 1Password.

You raise a really interesting question, why are the 1Password apps licensed separately, and I'll do my best to answer that for you here.

We're currently looking into a bundle that would give you either a single-user or family license for both 1Password for Mac and Windows at a single price point. We haven't finalised the details of this yet, as 1Password for Windows is still in Beta, and as such is currently on sale for just $19.95 saving you 50% on our normal pricing.

We believe our desktop pricing is very reasonable given the features, the number of free point upgrades our users receive between major versions, and of course our fantastic support. Also, when you purchase a single-user license we allow you to use this on as many Macs or PCs as you own, depending on the version you purchased of course, instead of making you pay, for example, $20 for each computer you own.

Our iOS applications are a slightly different story, these have to be sold through the iTunes App Store which is managed and run by Apple. Unfortunately there isn't currently a way for us to bundle or discount a copy of our iOS applications with a purchase of our desktop applications, however what we have done is made 1Password Pro a universal application which will run on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. So if you have both an iPhone and iPad you can save $5 when compared with purchasing both the standard editions separately.

As with any application there are costs involved, and not just development costs but us humble support staff do need to be paid. We've recently taken on more team members to make sure we can respond to our users both via e-mail and here on the forums.

With all that said, if you don't feel the price is right for you please do get in touch via support@agile.ws and we'll see if there's something we can do to help.

Thanks again for your consideration, and of course please do feel free to ask any questions about our pricing or features.