This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Software Entry

Gasport
Gasport Junior Member
I currently use LiscenseKeeper. Very easy to use. Just import App and fills in the information. Attach email and fils in the license information. When I saw that 1Password now provides that same features, or so I thought, I figured I could stop using LicenseKeeper. Unfortunately, there is very little documentation on how to use this feature. It does not appear that you can "automate" the filling of the data. I know you can drag the email over, but that does not do anything other that preserve a copy of the email. Am I missing something and is there a way to automatically enter the data into a new Software record?

Comments

• [quote name='Gasport' timestamp='1286315851' post='12747']

I currently use LiscenseKeeper. Very easy to use. Just import App and fills in the information. Attach email and fils in the license information. When I saw that 1Password now provides that same features, or so I thought, I figured I could stop using LicenseKeeper. Unfortunately, there is very little documentation on how to use this feature. It does not appear that you can "automate" the filling of the data. I know you can drag the email over, but that does not do anything other that preserve a copy of the email. Am I missing something and is there a way to automatically enter the data into a new Software record?

[/quote]

Hi Gasport,

At the moment there isn't a way within 1Password to retrieve license details from an e-mail message, so for now you'll need to manually enter the actual license information. However, we have made it possible to drag an application from your Applications folder to 1Password to at least populate the name, version number and icon.

We are looking into options to improve many aspects of how we handle Software Licenses, which is a brand new feature in 1Password 3, and I think the idea of being able to read license details from an e-mail would work well, we just need to find the time and resources to develop this so it works with a wide range of license e-mails which are often formatted very differently.

I don't have a timeframe for when these improvements may come, but please do keep an eye on our blog over at http://blog.agile.ws as we do post the odd sneak peak into things we're working on, and of course watch the forums too.

Thanks for your feedback,