This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

change language

Hi

Thank you for the recent localization for Japanese.

But unfortunately, I don't like it...

How can I change the using language on 1PW3 ?

Comments

• [quote name='KeyNie' timestamp='1286408689' post='12792']

Hi

Thank you for the recent localization for Japanese.

But unfortunately, I don't like it...

How can I change the using language on 1PW3 ?

[/quote]

Hi KeyNie,

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry to hear the Japanese translation isn't working out for you, is there anything specifically that isn't quite right, hopefully we can get this fixed in an update?

1Password's language is normally controlled by the language you have set within OS X's 'Language & Text' section of System Preferences, however there is a way to force 1Password to use another language, presuming you want to change back to English you can launch the Terminal app from Applications > Utilities and enter the following command:

[code]defaults write ws.agile.1Password AppleLanguages -array 'en'[/code]

If you now restart 1Password you should find the application is back in English, hope that takes care of things for you.
  • [quote name='stu' timestamp='1286409096' post='12794']

Dear Stu,Thank you for your immediate and perfect reply.

Actually, the Japanese translation is done quite well.

But still, translation loses some of original nuances that cause some sense of discomfort to me.

With the magic spell you taught to me, I could have fulfilled my wish.
  • [quote name='KeyNie' timestamp='1286448205' post='12815']

Dear Stu,Thank you for your immediate and perfect reply.

Actually, the Japanese translation is done quite well.

But still, translation loses some of original nuances that cause some sense of discomfort to me.

With the magic spell you taught to me, I could have fulfilled my wish.

[/quote]

You're very welcome! Glad to hear the translation itself is ok, I guess it's all down to personal taste as to which language people use.
  • [quote name='stu' timestamp='1286461128' post='12820']

You're very welcome! Glad to hear the translation itself is ok, I guess it's all down to personal taste as to which language people use.

[/quote]

Dear stu.

May I ask you additional question?

I want to change the language used not only in 1PW3 but also in Safari extension of 1PW3.

Is that possible?
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    [quote name='KeyNie' timestamp='1287359419' post='13478']

Dear stu.

May I ask you additional question?

I want to change the language used not only in 1PW3 but also in Safari extension of 1PW3.

Is that possible?

[/quote]Hi KeyNie,

Are you saying 1Password itself is showing up as English but the extension itself is showing up as Japanese?

Maybe try to use this tool to force 1Password to run English:

http://www.tj-hd.co.uk/en-gb/languageswitcher/
  • [quote name='MikeT' timestamp='1287610547' post='13696']

Hi KeyNie,

Are you saying 1Password itself is showing up as English but the extension itself is showing up as Japanese?

Maybe try to use this tool to force 1Password to run English:

http://www.tj-hd.co.uk/en-gb/languageswitcher/

[/quote]

Thank you MikeT !

I didn't know of that useful app and I like it now.

Still, the situation is the same.

as Stu mentioned, this is because the browser extensions language are controlled by the language of the browser itself.

But former version of 1PW3's extension was displayed in English.

Was there some time-gap between the Japanese localization of extension and the application itself?
  • Hi,

+1. I'll be happy more if i can select my language within the app or in browsers.