This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Missing Button from Browser (Safari)

akpud
akpud Junior Member
<div class="IPBDescription">Disappears on Quit</div>Hello! I'm running Safari 5 and 1P3. I've reset Folder Permissions and re-enabled the Browser extension.

Every time I quit out of Safari - when I re-start it the 1P button is gone. I then have to go to View>Customize Toolbar and drag it over again.

ANy way to get it to stay put?

Thanks!

AK

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi akpud,

I know you said you did this already, but please try it this way:

[list][*] 1. Quit Safari[*] 2. Open 1Password[*] 3. Click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions[*] 4. For good measure, restart your Mac.[*] 5. Run Safari[/list]If that doesn't work, do you have Evernote installed or other extensions running?

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • akpud
    akpud Junior Member
    Thanks Mike - yes I noticed all those other posts concerning the Evernote extension.

Yes, I do have it. I'll follow your directions - but I'll also remove the Evernote extension and see what happens.

Thanks and I'll re-post shortly.

AK
  • akpud
    akpud Junior Member
    Hi Mike - followed your instructions:

1. No change - 1P still disappeared on Quit

2. Removed Evernote ext - 1P hung around for one Quit - then disappeared and Evernote was back

3. Removed Evernote via its Preference panel - now 1P appears to be stationary.

Apparently Evernote does not like to play nice.

Let me know if there's a change and I can put the ext back in the toolbar.

Thanks!

AK
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited October 2010
    Unfortunately, that’s the story with Evernote and 1Password, the best way is to remove Evernote and use it on the Dock instead.

We’re working on improving this better in a future update of 1Password but I do not have a timeframe or additional information on this, I apologize about that.
  • akpud
    akpud Junior Member
    No problem - Mike - that's what I've done.

1P is WAY more important to me!

AK