This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Oct 29, 10 Announcement. 1.6.6.4 Beta version of 1Password for Android is available on Market

GeneY
GeneY AWS Team
edited October 2010 in Android
Dear 1P4A users,

Please update your phones to the new version available on Market.

There is an SD card support implemented in this version (available for Android OS >= 2.2 only).

OS ver < 2.2 will install an application on internal storage (SD support is a very new feature).

Documentation stays that backward compatibility won't be broken, I rely on that but cannot test this case

(my Nexus 1 is upgraded to OS 2.2.1).

I tested running the application from SD card, it works perfectly fine and definitely saves some space on internal storage.

So, in order to ensure where your application is installed:

Goto Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications and click on "On SD Card" tab : you will see all applications running on SD card.

If you want to move 1P4A to the phone's internal storage,Goto Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications, select 1Password and

click on "Move to phone" button (should be active).

Again, notice that SD card support is a very new feature available in Android OS >= 2.2,

older OS versions will install all applications on phone's internal storage only.

Please let me know if you have any issues or would like more information on that.

=========================================================================================================================================================

Another feature implemented in this version is a Notification Sound Volume Adjustment. Some customers complained that application sounds are very loud and cannot be

adjusted by the phone's volume controls.

I added a volume sound control preference allowing to choose one of the seven notification sound levels available on the phone.

I found this feature very useful, notice that 1P4A sound adjustment doesn't interfere with a call or media volume set on the phone.

=========================================================================================================================================================

By the way,yesterday I had a quite unexplained problem trying to download/install 1P4A or any other application from the Android Market !

The application update/install stuck and didn't move for a long time. I found that was a well known issue

with Android Market application and hadn't been addressed yet.(Android Market app is very unstable even

on OS 2.2.1, it crashes so often...)

If any of you are experiencing similar issue, Go to Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications,

select Market from the list of applications and press Click Data and then Force Stop buttons.

After that, restart the Market application and try to download/update 1P4A again, it should fix the problem.

Please let me know if you need more information and share your suggestions and recommendations with our team.

Thank you in advance and Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer