This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Dropbox sync not happening automatically

According to the FAQs at the bottom of http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/cloud_syncing_with_dropbox.html, 1Password should sync with Dropbox whenever I unlock it. This wasn't happening for me, as I discovered when I tried to look up a piece of information and found it out of date. So I went to Settings->Dropbox->Dropbox, intending to check to see if something was set up incorrectly, and *then* it sync'd.

Since it seems to be set up right, how do I get it to sync automatically? I know better than to rely on myself to remember to manually sync it after an important change.

Comments

• Hi Janine,

Welcome to the forums, I just wish your first post was under better circumstances.

The Dropbox sync process should happen automatically whenever 1Password on your iOS device is unlocked and running, if there are changes detected from the Mac or Windows version of 1Password. You may want to try-setting the Dropbox sync and ensuring that your master password is entered correctly and that if you're using an iPhone the option to save your master password is enabled. To do this, just tap the 'Account' section in the Dropbox sync section and then tap 'Reset'

Hope that helps,

[quote name='janine' timestamp='1288557393' post='14362']

According to the FAQs at the bottom of http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/cloud_syncing_with_dropbox.html, 1Password should sync with Dropbox whenever I unlock it. This wasn't happening for me, as I discovered when I tried to look up a piece of information and found it out of date. So I went to Settings->Dropbox->Dropbox, intending to check to see if something was set up incorrectly, and *then* it sync'd.

Since it seems to be set up right, how do I get it to sync automatically? I know better than to rely on myself to remember to manually sync it after an important change.

[/quote]
  • [quote name='stu' timestamp='1288565385' post='14371']

Hi Janine,

Welcome to the forums, I just wish your first post was under better circumstances.

The Dropbox sync process should happen automatically whenever 1Password on your iOS device is unlocked and running, if there are changes detected from the Mac or Windows version of 1Password. You may want to try-setting the Dropbox sync and ensuring that your master password is entered correctly and that if you're using an iPhone the option to save your master password is enabled. To do this, just tap the 'Account' section in the Dropbox sync section and then tap 'Reset'

Hope that helps,

[/quote]

Thanks Stu - that does seem to have fixed the problem.

janine
  • [quote name='janine' timestamp='1288734006' post='14447']

Thanks Stu - that does seem to have fixed the problem.

janine

[/quote]

You're very welcome, Janine, glad to hear you're up and running again.