This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1password crashes

Rick G
Rick G Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Hi,

Whenever I try to start 1Password my 2009 Aluminum iMac crashes. It has been shutting down suddenly for about a month but now I see that it crashes when I start 1Password. Any ideas?

Rick G

Comments

• kitmos
    kitmos Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    I doubt there is a connection between the 2 issues. Have you done the standard things like running Disk Utility, Disk Warrior etc. Do you have Apple Care? If so give Apple a call. Could be bad Ram. Did you put some of your own Ram in (nonApple)?

Good Luck
  • macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    Hi Rick G, welcome to the Forums! kitmos is right (thanks!), this is likely coincidence. There are a number of things it could be. As kitmos said, you could do things like running Disk Utility, or something like Disk Warrior or Drive Genius. You can also run the AHT (Apple Hardware Test) which is on your install disks, although it doesn't always do the greatest job in the world. I've had much better luck with DW or DG. You can check your RAM with a utility such as Rember (GUI for memtest). Bad RAM is responsible for a host of odd issues. If you're around an Apple Store, let them take a look, or give them a call if you're not near an Apple or AASP. Let us know how it goes.