This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Feature Request: iTunes-like checkboxes to disable logins

<div class="IPBDescription">Quickly disable many passwords at once</div>I have a whole folder of passwords that I would like to set to Display: Never. The only way I can figure out is to edit each one and change the display setting ...one at a time.

iTunes has a checkbox beside each media item. Unchecking it lets you not play the song while shuffling, optionally not sync it to your iPod, and lets you filter those songs in Smart Playlists.

I would like to see 1Password have a similar feature, where I can select all 100-some of the logins I want to disable and uncheck them. Then they would not appear in the browser but I could still get to them in the 1Password app if I needed to.

An alternative to this idea would be to have an Archive in addition to the Trash. I would use Trash for that purpose, but some things are actually trash and I'd be afraid of accidentally emptying it.

Comments

• [quote name='JasonGarber' timestamp='1288879100' post='14490']

I have a whole folder of passwords that I would like to set to Display: Never. The only way I can figure out is to edit each one and change the display setting ...one at a time.

iTunes has a checkbox beside each media item. Unchecking it lets you not play the song while shuffling, optionally not sync it to your iPod, and lets you filter those songs in Smart Playlists.

I would like to see 1Password have a similar feature, where I can select all 100-some of the logins I want to disable and uncheck them. Then they would not appear in the browser but I could still get to them in the 1Password app if I needed to.

An alternative to this idea would be to have an Archive in addition to the Trash. I would use Trash for that purpose, but some things are actually trash and I'd be afraid of accidentally emptying it.

[/quote]

That's a great idea, although it looks like the way that they have the UI set up would make this sort of change difficult. It's a tough call. I really like the shelf layout.

I wonder if it would be possible to make it so that selecting multiple items changed the view on the right from displaying the details of a single item to an array of options to enable toggling flags for all items selected, with enabled being checked, disabled being unchecked, and the options that vary among all items selected showing a dash. It would be ugly and inelegant, but it would only show up when you selected multiple items to enable some changes on a larger scale. Hmm.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, Jason, and thanks for the suggestions, guys.

We are looking into some bulk editing options, but I do not have a time frame for any specific release right now. I like the idea of the item details changing into something like the dialog box you see when selecting multiple items for edit in iTunes: a limited set of the options which only shows the ones which can be applied en masse.

Thanks!