This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

MobileMe Website

convention
convention Junior Member
edited November 2010 in Mac
<div class="IPBDescription">1Password's auto fill not being accepted for login</div>I've been logging on to the MobileMe website for the better part of 3 years and never had any trouble with using 1Password to do so... until this morning.

All of a sudden, the password and user name are being rejected. When I key the login data manually or even copy it from 1Password, I have no problems gaining admittance. It's just when I try and use 1Password as intended (i.e., via fill login from the 1P toolbar button). I get the same results in Safari and Firefox - neither of which I upgraded between yesterday (when this was all working) and today.

I'm running Version 3.5.0.BETA-7 (build 30785) of 1Password.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower &quot;T-Dog&quot; Agile&#39;s Mascot Community Moderator
    Try turning off auto submitt and see if that helps. I started having some issues a while back and had to do a manual save.

To do that if your not familiar.

Go to site fill in user and password info.

Click 1p button select save login.

From there you should be asked if you want to create new or replace existing. Choose appropriate as you desire etc.

That will most likely solve your problem.
  • convention
    convention Junior Member
    edited November 2010
    Okay, problem fixed, but I ultimately didn't follow thightower's recipe.

I turned off the auto submit and found the passwords were accepted (after I pressed the return key). However, as the submit switch is global, this didn't seem like a longterm viable solution, so I looked for something else. I noticed that when you manually key the user name into the field on the me.com site, it automatically appends it with @me.com if not entered by the user. All of my 1P records (one for each family member) contained just the prefix part of their user names. Clearly, Apple must have changed their website login routine sometime last night, as this has never been a problem before. Anyway, I simply edited each family member's 1P record to include @me.com following their user name and I'm back in business.

BTW, what's up with the Agile forum? When I started this thread, I found there were 13 views within the first 10 minutes or so, but then no activity. Thinking something might be wrong, as no one posted as reply, I logged out and immediately went back to the forum without logging in. There I found the number of views was now 25 (less than 20 seconds after logging out) and your reply was present. Why does remaining logged in portray the data in different ways?
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    [quote name='convention' timestamp='1288975382' post='14551']

Okay, problem fixed, but I'm not quite sure if I followed your recipe. I turned off the auto submit and found the passwords were accepted (after I pressed the return key). As the submit switch is global, this didn't seem like a viable solution, so I looked for something else. I noticed that when you manually key the user name into the field on the me.com site, it automatically appends it with @me.com if not entered by the user. All of my 1P records (one for each family member) contained just the prefix part of their user names. Clearly, Apple must have changed their website login routine sometime last night, as this has never been a problem before. Anyway, I simply edited each family member's 1P record to include @me.com following their user name and I'm back in business.

BTW, what's up with the Agile forum? When I started this thread, I found there were 13 views within the first 10 minutes or so, but then no activity. Thinking something might be wrong, as no one posted as reply, I logged out and immediately went back to the forum without logging in. There I found the number of views was now 25 (less than 20 seconds after logging out) and your reply was present. Why does remaining logged in portray the data in different ways?

[/quote]Hi convention,

I’m glad you were able to resolve the MobileMe issue.

The views issue is likely due to a stale cookie, when you logged out and log back in, your cookie were refreshed and the information is more up to date.