This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Preference screen security bug?

I have 1Password set to lock with a PIN Code which works as advertised if I'm browsing my logins, etc. and hit the Home button to exit. When I re-open 1Password I am prompted for my PIN.

If I hit the 'Home' button when any of the Preference screens are open, the application does NOT lock! Should I get careless and leave my phone for someone to find, they would only need to open the application and go back a screen to access all my data.

Comments

• Jaun
    Jaun Junior Member
    i noticed something similar and changed back to use master password...

- Jon
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi Jaun and slwphoto,

Yes, in its current version 1P4A has an autolock feature on Item Types/Item Details/Item Detailed View screens.

In addition, 1P4A is locked anytime the application goes into the background by using Back or Home buttons.

There is no autolock on Preferences screen , in fact, Lock menu option is not available on preferences screen either.

The enhancement will definitely be made in a future versions to lock the application on Preference screen as well. However, it is not a high priority at this time

because Preferences screen has only a supporting role,accessed only on occasion and is not one of the main application screens.

There is no difference on how 1P4A is locked , with Master Password or PIN.Both options provide reliable security.

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[quote name='Jaun' timestamp='1289012951' post='14624']

i noticed something similar and changed back to use master password...

- Jon

[/quote]